Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jan 16, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
goofysgirl
Excited about Disney

We did it twice when it was at the previous location.

If it is the same, you are with a member of staff who is in character as a crew man, passenger, officer,etc as your tour guide (although you could walk through on your own). They encourage you to ask questions.

Take a cardi or something to cover your arms as it can get very chilly during one part of the tour.

It is quite sobering to be given the name of a real person - and then to check at the end if they survived or not.

I would deffo say go - we went twice and found it very moving and informative.
goofysgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 16, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Yep. She was quite famous and used the "unsinkable" for the rest of her life.
That's really interesting... it's stories like that that we really loved about the exhibition.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 16, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Thanks for the help everyone .sounds worth a go 😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 16, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by leahamy View Post
We did this several years ago (probably around 2004) when it was at the Mercado on International Drive, before it was moved. We found it very interesting and was made a lot of fund by the member of staff taking our group round.
Likewise in 04. Haven't been back since, so hoping to go this time. We found it really interesting, but then have always had an interest in Titanic.

Anyone know best place for tickets? I seem to remember quite a few local pick up discount vouchers are available around Orlando (few dollars off) so not sure if it's worth booking in advance or hanging on?
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 16, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

we went when it was at the Mercado, have been again to the new one twice as DH & DD love everything about titanic, got to say the old one was 10 times better, much more interactive. kids got to walk down the grand staircase and we took their photos, they also acted out getting on the ship and getting their medicals, told about all the diseases they looked for in steerage passengers, none of that now but still great exhibition and as I say been to new one twice so must still be good, take a jacket because you go 'out on deck' and its freezing.
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 16, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jewelsm
Proud to wear my Ears

I have it pencilled in for us at easter, both DS and i love all things Titanic. dh will tag along. Did think about the dinner, but my boys have so many places they want to eat at, don't think I can squeeze the dinner in.
Jewelsm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 16, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
lossieglen
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I would recommend an afternoon visit. A good experience and our kids (aged 8) can still remember it. Check groupon for a deal.
lossieglen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 16, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Teesside23
Excited about Disney

We did the guided tour and it was really good. Our Guide was Mr Thomas Andrews - and he was really good. There are not of exhibited and recreations of the area's including the Grand Stair case. After we did the tour, we went back round at our own pace. Recommend for anyone with a Titanic interest. Definitely for fans of the movie ( Get your picture taken standing on the Grand Stair case). Recommended. Didn't do the Dinner. Sorry
Teesside23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 16, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Thanks for the replies.i have always been fascinated by titanic so wil definitely give it a whirl
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 16, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread