Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Apr 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Universal advice

Hi everyone
I’m looking for some advice about universal, we’ve booked Disney for August 2019 first timers we had originally ruled out doing universal but the more I think about it the more I’d love to do it but every time I try and price it the price just seems a lot to me.
There’s 5 of us 2 adults 3 children 12,9,8 I was originally looking at using my Tesco club card points to book one of the universal hotels that offers the front of line passes and then buy the tickets separately is it necessary/worth the cost of the hotel ? And am I right in thinking it’s just over £1000 for the 5 of us for the 2 day tickets ?
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

It is a lot. An awful lot. It’s hard to know whether it’s worth it for your family as you’ve never been before so don’t know!

We did Universal last year for the first time in eight years. We’re staying at Cabana Bay this Aug but no tickets. Just a few days of pool time before headed to Disney for three weeks. For us, it was amazing to do a week there last year but at the moment they are not must do parks for us by any means.

Your kids are older than mine so may enjoy the thrill stuff more but for us, the main draw is Harry Potter as the rest is too screen based.

Good luck deciding. Maybe trawl through some vlogs in Universal and see which bits you think you would really (really!) enjoy and if it’s pretty much everything then go for it. If not then that’s a lot of money to just wonder around.

Edited at 09:20 PM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Hi, you can buy universal base tickets from Orlando attractions, the base tickets are park to park or 1 park per day. If you buy the 1 park per day then you can’t go on the Hogwarts express train but you might find that you will save some money buying these rather than the 14 day ones. Hope that helps
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks for your reply it’s really helpful, it just seems a big extra expense for our first trip but then I’m thinking what if we never get to go again . Ah it’s so hard to decide thanks again I’ll def check out some vlogs
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Hi, you can buy universal base tickets from Orlando attractions, the base tickets are park to park or 1 park per day. If you buy the 1 park per day then you can’t go on the Hogwarts express train but you might find that you will save some money buying these rather than the 14 day ones. Hope that helps
Thank you I’ve been looking at just 2 day tickets but they seem to still be coming in at over £1000 seems a lot for 2 days
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Old 20 Apr 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Hi a day fix basic no park to park access is about u t £152 each this year FOTL access is great 1 night at RPR gets u 2 days FOTL but about a grand or thereabouts for tix and hotel is it worth it only you can decide that for me yes but it all depends on finances we are missing universal this year as only taking my 3yr old grandson so sticking to Disney
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

2 day base ticket 2019- 3 adults, 2 children - £761.83, saves a little bit of money but no Hogwart express train as you can’t park hop.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
Hi everyone
I’m looking for some advice about universal, we’ve booked Disney for August 2019 first timers we had originally ruled out doing universal but the more I think about it the more I’d love to do it but every time I try and price it the price just seems a lot to me.
There’s 5 of us 2 adults 3 children 12,9,8 I was originally looking at using my Tesco club card points to book one of the universal hotels that offers the front of line passes and then buy the tickets separately is it necessary/worth the cost of the hotel ? And am I right in thinking it’s just over £1000 for the 5 of us for the 2 day tickets ?
I had a quick look at Orlandoattractions.co.uk tickets and their 2 park explorer tickets seems to come in at £1133. Expensive yes but gives you 14 days unlimited access to the 2 parks so you can come and go when you please and mix it up with Disney.

Universal and IoA are fantastic parks - if you can afford the extra I would personally go for it, particularly if you are a first timer and unsure whether you would go again. If you decide to stick with Disney however, take it from me and many many others you will still have the most fantastic time.

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you everyone for your replies, I personally think it’s worth it, hubby on the other hand needs some convincing xx
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Old 21 Apr 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
filharmonic
Apprentice Imagineer

filharmonic's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If our experience of Disney world on our last visit in October last year is anything to go by you’ll do well to do most things in Disney without thinking about going to universal,we used to do Disney,SeaWorld and universal in our 14 day trips but last year we struggled to do everything in Disney as it’s so busy. My advice would be stick with Disney only and put the money you’ll save towards your next trip
filharmonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List