Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Feb 08, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Question tell me about the psp

ok...yet another mp3 player is packing up on me and so ive decided id like an all singing all dancing gadget...
so..its betweejn an itouch and a psp... i kno there is a price difference but can you tell me:

can the psp connect to internet.
what is the range of umds like
how much music can i put on it
are the games good
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 08, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JAL
Apprentice Imagineer

JAL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
The PSP can connect to the internet, but it's slow and hard going with a small screen and without a proper keyboard.
Don't know about UMD films as I don't bother with them, download movies onto memory stick instead.
You can now get 4gb memory sticks so as much music as you like, just keep buying more memory sticks.
The games are OK for me but depends on what your taste is.
JAL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 08, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
pwcollins
slightly serious Dibber

I have played a PSP and its got a nice screen but I prefer the Nintendo DS for games and my Ipod Touch for movies, music, internet, email and maps (which are great).

Hope this helps!
pwcollins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 08, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
spoony
Apprentice Imagineer

spoony's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The PSP is a great movie player, no-one really bothers with UMDs people just put them on memory stick (can easily get 8gb sticks now and 16gb has just been released - so comparable with i-touch). Personally I think with the larger screen PSP is better for films

Music will not sound as good and internet access is clumsy on the PSP.

Games can be good and will naturally be far batter than on the i-touch. But depends on if you like any of them. FIFA 08 is very good.

A PSP will however impress no-one even the slim PSP is bulky compared to the i-touch. Future gadgets such as Skype on the PSP and GPS on the PSP might be useful but no doubt i-phone can compete better with these features and I would not fancy using a PSP as a phone anyway.

Personally I would go for the PSP just because of games, if your not into games and like gadgets which impress go with the touch.
September 2024 Last family trip to WDW
spoony is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 08, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Kryten59
Apprentice Imagineer

I sold my psp as the games were generally very 'muh!' for it - the DS is much better...but hey, if you're a bit of a retro freak like me, why not give the gp2x a look here, it's awesome and is also a divx and mp3 player...runs linux and is open source so you can create things for it yourself!
Kryten59 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 08, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread