Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Feb 17, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I always say the same thing about August - Fantastic.
We love the heat, do the Parks from 9 to 5 and then leave. Never go in the shops and constantly criss cross the park. But we are sun lovers.

All I would say is drink loads and don't focus on the heat or it will get to you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Mobile

The heat is intense in Aug. can't say I noticed much of drop in temp in the evening if anything it felt more muggy without the burn of the sun 😂
Having said that we are back this aug for another go 😉😁😂😂
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 17, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
noneekins
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

with the exception of Epcot and legoland we managed as there was always somewhere/shop to pop into to cool off for 5 mins.

We struggled at Epcot as there are done bid deistancescto walk and there was virtually no cover at all at Legoland.
noneekins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Take an umbrella! Perfect for giving you a bit of shade. Just try not to take someone's eye out! Comes in handy when you're waiting for a parade if you can't get a shaded spot. Be considerate and put it down when the parade starts though so you're not blocking someone else's view.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDiza View Post
Take an umbrella! Perfect for giving you a bit of shade. Just try not to take someone's eye out! Comes in handy when you're waiting for a parade if you can't get a shaded spot. Be considerate and put it down when the parade starts though so you're not blocking someone else's view.
I appreciate you said be considerate but I do find umberellas at Disney almost as irritating as the people holding i pads etc in my line of vision. Almost.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Infinity Red View Post
We have been to Orlando twice in April, once in October, pleasant temperatures we toured the parks morning til night in Oct, and tended to split the day in April, ie park in the morning, leave, return in the evening.
We might be going in August this year, ( dd might be working the summer there), so how do you tour the parks in Aug ? The heat must be intense so I'm thinking are evenings only best ? What do you do ? Cheers
We had always been at Easter and one year at August, then DH booked us 3 weeks for August. While we were there at October the year before our planned trip, everyone we spoke to - taxi drivers and shop workers etc - were saying "don't come at August." Saying it was too busy and too hot and humid. DH was starting to regret booking but I said we will just take it easy, drink plenty, use plenty of sunscreen, hats, take breaks, seek shelter etc. It was hot don't get me wrong, but we did the parks in the day, we have been 3 times at August. The only issue we have found at August is storms, but aside of that its been fine.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hi
We have only been once in August and didn't find it as bad as we thought it would be, remember you're on holiday so don't rush around and have plenty to drink
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I appreciate you said be considerate but I do find umberellas at Disney almost as irritating as the people holding i pads etc in my line of vision. Almost.
I actually laughed out loud at this! I know exactly what you are saying 😂
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Thank you all for your tips and wise words ! Well it's booked, 1st Aug so it's extra busy lol for two weeks, ( husbands shut down at work so couldn't go later ) staying at Universal Cabana Bay Hotel, my dd will be life guarding in one of the Universal Hotels for three months. So excited!