Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 Jan 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Dining Plan Credits

Hi,

Can someone please explain to me exactly how the dining plan works? I'm hoping to booking either the standard that includes table service and counter service or, if funds stretch, the deluxe. From reading about plans on the site etc. I assumed that each meal was worth 1 credit seeing as it allows you 2 or 3 main meals a day and snacks (depending on the tier you buy) but I see that some people have had to use 2 credits?

Can someone please explain this? I'd like to take as little spending money as possible but worried I might end up running out of credits before the end of the holiday and won't have enough cash to cover.
stormflm595 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
alanm
Serious Dibber

Some restaurants fall into the fine dining catogory and require two table service credits, the vast majority only require one credit
alanm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
BeautyAndTheTwe
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Originally Posted by stormflm595 View Post
Hi,

Can someone please explain to me exactly how the dining plan works? I'm hoping to booking either the standard that includes table service and counter service or, if funds stretch, the deluxe. From reading about plans on the site etc. I assumed that each meal was worth 1 credit seeing as it allows you 2 or 3 main meals a day and snacks (depending on the tier you buy) but I see that some people have had to use 2 credits?

Can someone please explain this? I'd like to take as little spending money as possible but worried I might end up running out of credits before the end of the holiday and won't have enough cash to cover.

Yes, some restaurants that are luxury ones do require 2 credits but most require just the one credit We are using the disney dining plan this year, so will let you know if it was worth it after our trip.
BeautyAndTheTwe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

This thread explains them really well - how they work, the differences and how to get the most out of them: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=873045

I'd only advise upgrading to the deluxe plan if you either eat LOADS or want to do a lot of signature meals (these are the ones that cost 2 credits per person, along with the dinner shows and Cinderella's Royal Table). Another thing to bear in mind if you upgrade to the deluxe is that you'll have to budget a lot more for tips too unless you use a lot of the credits for qs meals, in which case you're wasting money by upgrading as you won't get back the cost.

We've had both the qsdp and the ddp (will be our 5th time this year) and I can promise you that you won't go hungry. Although it only looks like 2 meals and 2 snacks on paper, in reality it's more than enough food. We find ourselves sharing qs meals quite often and there are lots of snacks that can easily be used for breakfast or a light lunch. This thread it worth a look too: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=903519

We take some of the small variety boxes of cereal with us for when we want a quick breakfast in our room, so other than buying milk for that, I can honestly say that I've never spent a single penny on extra food, drinks or snacks in our past 4 trips and we've been stuffed! There are 4 of us, including 2 hungry teenagers and they never complain about being hungry when we're there.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
DOFFSTER
Getting Excited

DOFFSTER's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Most meals would be 1 credit, the ones that are two are for the most part the signature restaurants and shows.
We find the DP with 1 QS and 1 TS meal per day plenty. If we do want to have a show or signature we work it in by changing another meal.

For example our first night - by time we normally land and get to Hotel its quite late so our 1st night we use a QS and save a TS to "double up" on another night for a signature or show. We normally spend one night at universal so again we use the credit we would have used to double up another day.
Old 31 Jan 17, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you for all of your replies, that makes a lot more sense! I'll go for the DDP then since I want to eat at Be Our Guest on my birthday etc. but not as fussed on doing shows and signature meals as such!
stormflm595 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List