Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 Jan 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeJames
Trying for More Ears

Question April 2018 DDP Prices

Hi Guys,

If the exchange rate goes up against the dollar, do you think the prices for 2018 may go down? the prices for next year are so high, virgin deals are seemingly decent value which is strange to say the least.

Hopefully the £ will strengthen when we finally release a plan for Brexit.

JoeJames is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

I'm pretty sure these price base-lines will be set for the year.

The same way they didn't increase prices in the middle of last year when we voted Brexit and the £ crashed.

If the £ recovers, you will see adjusted prices for 2019; but I fear that 2018 is pretty much set as a base-line now.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BeautyAndTheTwe
Swimming at the All Star Resort

I think because it's so far in advanced prices are alot more for 2018. Flights aren't release until 11 months, so that will probably be the best time to book. We always find doing it all seperately is the best way.
We made a youtube video of how we book our holiday for the cheapest way.

Hope it can help
BeautyAndTheTwe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post

I am hoping they are going to give a better deal on the free DDP when it or if it is released. I.e. QSDP at the value resorts

I know I am hoping in vain but the room price seems to be so much higher for next year. I don't think the price will move vastly. I am surprised that Virgins prices don't seem as high looking at disneys!

Even considering offsite and a car. Rather not really but then there are loads of restaurants outside I want to try and be nice to have the freedom to visit other places as we wish.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Going on previous years (and I've been tracking Disney prices since 2012), the prices that are released now are a pretty good indication of what they will be once/if free dining is released in April. Sometimes they can go down a bit, but probably not as much as you're hoping. The biggest drops are normally OKW and SSR which have also been discounted - 30% last year. There aren't any prices for them on the Disney site yet, but Kenwood Travel have them and they're usually very close to the Disney direct prices (within a few pounds). Once free dining is released, the prices have stayed exactly the same for the duration of the promotion - so until November. I don't think that they'll change them if the exchange rate improves as then they'll have a lot of angry customers who maybe booked earlier in the promotion period. On the UK side of things, I've only known Disney to offer 3 prices: rack rate, free dining rate, free nights rate. There are companies that are cheaper than Disney direct. We book with Orlando Attractions and save a fair bit on the Disney prices, so once/if free dining is released, then it'll be worth shopping around for quotes.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeJames
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Going on previous years (and I've been tracking Disney prices since 2012), the prices that are released now are a pretty good indication of what they will be once/if free dining is released in April. Sometimes they can go down a bit, but probably not as much as you're hoping. The biggest drops are normally OKW and SSR which have also been discounted - 30% last year. There aren't any prices for them on the Disney site yet, but Kenwood Travel have them and they're usually very close to the Disney direct prices (within a few pounds). Once free dining is released, the prices have stayed exactly the same for the duration of the promotion - so until November. I don't think that they'll change them if the exchange rate improves as then they'll have a lot of angry customers who maybe booked earlier in the promotion period. On the UK side of things, I've only known Disney to offer 3 prices: rack rate, free dining rate, free nights rate. There are companies that are cheaper than Disney direct. We book with Orlando Attractions and save a fair bit on the Disney prices, so once/if free dining is released, then it'll be worth shopping around for quotes.
Do you think it is a natural increase or we may see changes to structure? - unless they are factoring in Avatar, Toy Story and Star Wars Expansion into overall cost to product value?

E.g: Value = QSDP
Moderate =DDP
Deluxe = DDDP
JoeJames is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
Do you think it is a natural increase or we may see changes to structure? - unless they are factoring in Avatar, Toy Story and Star Wars Expansion into overall cost to product value?

E.g: Value = QSDP
Moderate =DDP
Deluxe = DDDP
I honestly couldn't say. The only thing I don't think they'll do is the DDDP at deluxe resorts. The US offer is qsdp at values and ddp at moderates and deluxe, so maybe they'll do that, but I really don't know.

loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeJames
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I honestly couldn't say. The only thing I don't think they'll do is the DDDP at deluxe resorts. The US offer is qsdp at values and ddp at moderates and deluxe, so maybe they'll do that, but I really don't know.
Still wouldn't add up the price increase on Deluxe Resorts, its more than the drop in the currency percentage.

We booked for 2016 for AKL with DDP and Virgin Direct flights for £2,250pp for 14 nights,

For 2018 its coming through without flights at £2209.
Thats a crazy price
Old 31 Jan 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

2017 prices did not increase that much compared to the 20% drop in sterling.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
Still wouldn't add up the price increase on Deluxe Resorts, its more than the drop in the currency percentage.

We booked for 2016 for AKL with DDP and Virgin Direct flights for £2,250pp for 14 nights,

For 2018 its coming through without flights at £2209.
Thats a crazy price
I know, but Disney do increase their prices every year too, so I guess with that and then the drop in currency it makes it eve worse. It also depends what rate they had the previous prices based on - I read 1.6 on another thread. I guess we'll just have to wait and see and then see if the TAs can offer anything decent in order to keep business.