Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 12 Feb 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

Florida in Europe? Disney (Cruise) and Theme Parks - Travel Day

1 - Sunday 16 August - Pre Travel Day including packing for ‘Fish Extender’

Prior to Harriet’s operation when planning was in full flow I’d started a conversation with some other families that were sailing on the Disney Magic cruise. This included a thread on the Dibb, a roll call on cruise critic and a Facebook group, the children on the cruise also had a group on one of the teenage apps! We had members from the UK and the US and started to plan our Fish Extender, this is a Disney Cruise tradition, where you use a bag, organiser to something to extend the Fish Hanger outside each door, cruisers sign up to a group and then you deliver small gifts to the fish extender during the cruise.

Lydia another Dibber organised our Fish Extender and I’d spent time creating our extender and buying gifts for my shipmates.

Also in the photo is our cabin door, cruise ship cabin doors and walls tend to be metal and its traditional on the Disney ships to decorate your door with magnetic signs. These were some home made ones using designs found here on the Dibb, we changed them every few days to reflect our mood!

Sunday 16th August, I went and got Harriet from her Dad’s making sure she had everything she needed including her sling! and by 3pm had finished packing. As an alternative to eating at the airport we went and had a late lunch / early dinner at our local Harvester.
Then at 5pm we left for Gatwick, its about 70 miles and we were there for 6.30pm, we had booked overnight on the Park, Sleep, Fly arrangement with the Premier Inn at the North Terminal. Paid £133 for family room and 14 days parking, booked in January 2015.
On arrival at Gatwick I missed the turning to the valet parking, think it was in a temporary place and not very well signposted. After going around the block we pulled up in a very busy car park, where I parked my car and left Harriet with the luggage and walked what seem like miles to find a trolley for the luggage. Booked the car in fairly easily and left it at the side of the car park as there were no spaces!
Into the North terminal for twilight check in and bag drop with BA and got seats together 24C and 24B, and was advised to be back at the terminal at 6.30am to allow plenty of time to get through security on the Monday morning. Flight scheduled for 7.40am arriving in Barcelona at 10.45am (Spanish time).

Back to the Premier Inn and we checked in using the electronic terminals (very easy) and took the lifts up to room 952, this was on a high floor but unlike last year pre Florida when we had a runway and aeroplane view this year we overlooked the internal courtyard.
We got some cake and a sandwich to share at Costa with a glass of wine for me and a smoothie for H, we went up to the room for bed just after 9 ready for an early start and a busy travel day.

Not many photos in first days report, more in subsequent days!

Gillian.

Edited at 12:18 AM.
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Looks great. Would love to get some decorations for our door! Wonder if any Dibb advertisers make them?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

I made them using prints from a link on the dibb which I laminated and then attached craft magnets.
Sorry can't find the link now think the pictures where on photobucket.

I had fun making them and we swapped them every few days.

Gillian.
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

Love the decorated door! Looking forward to seeing your fish extender gifts.
Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

Scrufette, thanks for reading and for your comments.
Unfortunately and apologies we didn't make a note of fish extender gifts, too busy whilst away and then packed them in lots of different places so they were never really together again!
From memory lots of different things from a Disney gift voucher to craft items, travel bits like luggage tags and a make up bag with essentials in, stickers, pens, hair bands, home made personalised folder etc.

Gillian
Old 2 May 17, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
good start
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List