Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 30 May 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Alamo price of full size suv?

What should I be looking to pay for the above? I'm sure I looked a few weeks ago and saw a full size for around £500. Looked last night and it's £650. I'm going end of sept. Should I be booking now? Or should I wait? Do car hire prices fluctuate a lot?
Tia
Jojo
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I found car hire does fluctuate and is a fair bit more this year than last. I have booked with Alamo through Auto Europe on a cancellable rate so if the rate comes down I can cancel and rebook. I did this last year and ended up cancelling and rebooking about 6 times. Sounds a faff but eventually I paid £60 less and got the next car grade up. Don't seem to be having much luck with the prices coming down this time and haven't cancelled and rebooked at all yet.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

I've been watching hire prices for SUV and Mustang convertible on Alamo Brits. Just checked today and it's about the same as a few weeks ago when I last looked.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Deano
Imagineer

Deano's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ive booked and cancelled twice with alamo brits to get lower prices.

Prices were much higher months ago so we had booked a Mustang Convertible for £502 which then went down to £440 so we rebooked and then a couple of weeks ago the Full Size SUV when down in price so we cancelled and rebooked at £525
Old 30 May 17, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Ive booked and cancelled twice with alamo brits to get lower prices.

Prices were much higher months ago so we had booked a Mustang Convertible for £502 which then went down to £440 so we rebooked and then a couple of weeks ago the Full Size SUV when down in price so we cancelled and rebooked at £525
That's a good price. So should I check every few days then?
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

Prices are crazy now through Alamo Brits for the end of August. I have a premium for 16 nights for £396. The cheapest car now available for my dates is a standard car at £496. An economy is £300 more at £796!

If I were you I would book the cheapest free cancellation deal I could find ASAP and then you can keep checking for a cheaper deal.

Also, drop Andy a message as he always has good deals available: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=108019
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape View Post
Prices are crazy now through Alamo Brits for the end of August. I have a premium for 16 nights for £396. The cheapest car now available for my dates is a standard car at £496. An economy is £300 more at £796!

If I were you I would book the cheapest free cancellation deal I could find ASAP and then you can keep checking for a cheaper deal.

Also, drop Andy a message as he always has good deals available: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=108019
Does Andy offer a discount for Dibbers or include something that Alamo doesn't? I just compared Alamo Brits and Discount Florida Car Hire for a Mustang in Sept this year. Alamo - £660, DFCH £727.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gezzs View Post
Does Andy offer a discount for Dibbers or include something that Alamo doesn't? I just compared Alamo Brits and Discount Florida Car Hire for a Mustang in Sept this year. Alamo - £660, DFCH £727.
Send him a message on here and see. He usually can beat the Alamo Brits price but you don't get the 1 extra driver free. With Andy I think it's a 3 driver package or just the 1 driver. There is no harm in seeing what he can offer you.
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We booked almost a year ago for next month. Standard SUV for 14 days for £318 with two driver through Alamo brits.
Would have been able to cancel if I could get a better price. Ive checked monthly and havent been able to beat it.
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggerstail
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gezzs View Post
I've just booked a full size SUV and two drivers with Andy, good price, cheaper than Alamo website and a lot cheaper than the standard size being offered by Thomas Cook...
Recommended...
tiggerstail is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List