Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Sep 07, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Dont buy from the camera shops on I-Drive as we got ripped off last time. Also they dont like you to leave the shop without buying anything so personally I wouldnt even recomend going in for a look.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 07, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Martinanderica View Post
Hi Again ,
We are considering buying a camera as soon as we arrive in Florida like the look of the Fuji S5700 and think it will be better priced over there.
Will the price be as good as this one with 7 day shop?
HTML Code:
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=102956
Katie
Old 26 Sep 07, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Katie its cheaper on Amazon at £113 anyway where as 7dayshop want £149.00, I think £113 Is a great price for what it can do and would not hesitate to get it if i needed a cam.. as 'DVC Says its good to know what it can and cant do and fiddle before you go...
Old 26 Sep 07, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by donnalondon View Post
Katie its cheaper on Amazon at £113 anyway where as 7dayshop want £149.00, I think £113 Is a great price for what it can do and would not hesitate to get it if i needed a cam.. as 'DVC Says its good to know what it can and cant do and fiddle before you go...
Wow - that is a good price. I have the Fuji 4700 which I love and paid about £148 for. I saw it a few weeks later in Walmart for £240.
My first camera - a Canon PS20 cost £550 many years ago so anything around £150 is cheap to me.
The only problem I have with getting stuff abroad if - what do you do if it goes wrong. I would imangine that it would cost a fortune to courier a camera back for repair and the 'internatinal' guarantee only works for the country where you bought it.
I wonder what MartinandErica think of your price?

Katie
Old 26 Sep 07, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JAL
Apprentice Imagineer

JAL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by dvc View Post
Sorry if this seems like raining on your parade but I would urge caution. If the camera needs charging via the electricity supply you will need a voltage converter to charge it in the UK - NOT just a plug adaptar. Also the guaratnees ar enot valid in the UK.
Most cameras come with an international charger, ie 110/220 voltage so all you need is either an adapter or a lead with a uK plug.
JAL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 07, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

I'm 99% sure this model uses 'AA' batteries. If rechargeables were used, then only the battery charger would be an issue.

Katie
Old 26 Sep 07, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Walmart

I bought my camera from the walmart as if you do have any problems you can take it to the asda for a full refund. They have some really good deals on their web site.
Old 26 Sep 07, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Guess what i just done?

Tahnks DiBBersyou just saved me loads andconvinced me to "buy before I fly" Have just ordered from Amazon thanks to donnalondon you SUPERSTAR
Have ordered Gift wrapping service and put DW name on as a pre trip pressie
Think I will be in her good books when it arrives.
Old 26 Sep 07, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
crid
Very Serious Dibber

A few people have mentioned in this thread about buying in Walmart and returning to ASDA. Is this definately an official thing you can do and if so is it on their website somewhere?

The reason I ask is I work for an American owned online IT retail company but we are run in the UK under a different name than the US subsidary and also have sales offices throughout Europe, we wouldn't accept anything back that was bought from any of our companies except the UK one, ie. you couldn't return something you bought at the US version of us back to us in the UK. We'd have no way of returning it for credit or repair as the contract with the supplier would be with the US company not us so effectively we'd just be writing the cost of it off which is even worse since we didn't even sell it in the first place!

I guess if Walmart/ASDA do offer this then that's excellent and I wonder if Amazon.com/.co.uk has a simliar policy - does anyone know?
Old 26 Sep 07, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Martinanderica View Post
Tahnks DiBBersyou just saved me loads andconvinced me to "buy before I fly" Have just ordered from Amazon thanks to donnalondon you SUPERSTAR
Have ordered Gift wrapping service and put DW name on as a pre trip pressie
Think I will be in her good books when it arrives.
You would definitely be in my good books if I got this camera. Let us know how it goes.

Katie