Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Jul 15, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
BeachGirl
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Can I use Alamo Save time?

Hi all

We have the "free car" with our Thomas Cook package and we are flying into MCO. Can I use Alamo SaveTime and Skip the counter, or is this only an option if you book direct with Alamo? I've tried inputting my car hire reservation onto the Alamo website but my details are not recognised. Just wondered if anyone else has done it or can confirm if it should be possible or not?

If it's not possible, I'd be grateful for any tips on collecting the car as it's our first visit 😁
BeachGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 15, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

Think you'll be in the same boat as me. You can do online check in (savetime) and use one of the kiosks but not skip the counter.
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 15, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Hello

I also have the car hire from Thomas Cook with Alamo and I have spoken directly with Alamo via email to check if we can do the Skip the Counter, and I am afraid it isn't possible, as above you can only do the online check in.

Hope this helps
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 15, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi, sorry for jumping on your thread, but I've been trying to find out the same thing. I realised eventually that we can't 'skip the counter' but same as you Beachgirl, I can't get their site to even recognise our details to check in online. Does anyone have any tips on how to rectify this or what ref.no. we should be using?
Many thanks
Old 30 Jul 15, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by disnic View Post
Hi, sorry for jumping on your thread, but I've been trying to find out the same thing. I realised eventually that we can't 'skip the counter' but same as you Beachgirl, I can't get their site to even recognise our details to check in online. Does anyone have any tips on how to rectify this or what ref.no. we should be using?
Many thanks
My alamo reference was sort of hidden away in one of my emails

it was about 8-10 numbers long and mine had the word 'count' on the end, I just missed the word out of the reference box and it worked.
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 15, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I emailed Alamo directly and they advised me of how my name was in their system, so it was just my initial and not my full first name and then my surname and then my reference number and it logged me straight in!
Old 30 Jul 15, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by disnic View Post
Many thanks
My alamo reference was sort of hidden away in one of my emails

it was about 8-10 numbers long and mine had the word 'count' on the end, I just missed the word out of the reference box and it worked.

Sorry, don't know why that reply popped up again!? !
Old 30 Jul 15, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Ahhh, thanks guys, I'm going to try these things.
Nordboy, I'd been adding the word count into it, so going to try it without! I'll let you know if I'm successful :-)
Old 1 Aug 15, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
BeachGirl
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Sorry - where do I find this 'count' reference number? I can't see one on that ends like that.
BeachGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 15, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Jayso
Excited about Disney

Once you've checked in online with alamo, open another browser and put alamo skip the counter into Google. If you click on the first one I think it is this should take you to the part where you can put your cc details in and skip the counter.
Hope it works for you
I found this info from an old dibb thread and worked perfectly last week.
Jayso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread