Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Aug 15, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
markhunter
slightly serious Dibber

British Airways- Avis car hire

Hi looking for advice, we've booked up already for next year and went with the BA- AVIS fly drive option, I've read the reviews on AVIS and I am not too keen on just being allocated a car on arrival, I like many others like the chance to pick the car. Has anyone been able to make contact prior to going to request a specific car within the car category ? we have booked a premium car and would like a Dodge Charger, Challenger etc something a bit different to back home...
Old 3 Aug 15, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Hi we have used BA/Avis 3 times and have been given nice cars every time not a charger though! Think you need to pay extra for that.
If you are a member of Avis preffered then your name will be on the board and you go and get in your car you've been allocated and go but if you are not happy with the one you have been allocated then you ask at the kiosk for a different car as there is a row of cars You can choose from if not happy.
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

We got a Fiesta off them last year. Couldn't believe it! The category was economy but it said similair to a chevy aveo, which it is in now way similair to.

It was OK for the most part as it was just two of us - however we went on a cruise with some family who joined us. 4 adults and 5 suitcases and hand luggage is really difficult to fit in a fiesta!

Using them again this year, but have booked a id sized car instead.

Also, watch out for the guy at the desk - was adamant we had to pay extra for roadside assistance even though the terms and conditions I had said roadside assistance was included already.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
markhunter
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ayles300 View Post
Hi we have used BA/Avis 3 times and have been given nice cars every time not a charger though! Think you need to pay extra for that.
If you are a member of Avis preffered then your name will be on the board and you go and get in your car you've been allocated and go but if you are not happy with the one you have been allocated then you ask at the kiosk for a different car as there is a row of cars You can choose from if not happy.
Thanks for getting back to me, ive checked the Premium category and it starts with a Ford Taurus or similar, then lists Dodge Charger, Challenger, Chrysler 300, Lincoln Town car etc so I am hoping for one of the better models not wanting an Impala, Kai or I've read you can get a Volkswagen Passat or a Volvo ... I want an American car for a holiday change..
Old 3 Aug 15, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Originally Posted by markhunter View Post
Thanks for getting back to me, ive checked the Premium category and it starts with a Ford Taurus or similar, then lists Dodge Charger, Challenger, Chrysler 300, Lincoln Town car etc so I am hoping for one of the better models not wanting an Impala, Kai or I've read you can get a Volkswagen Passat or a Volvo ... I want an American car for a holiday change..
Fingers crossed you get one you want! Hubbie wanted a Charger for his 40th got there and it was a Volvo he was not happy but it was an suv so was a free upgrade, in the end we were really happy with it but like you he wanted a big American car, we have had a Lincoln town car before and he loved it.
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread