Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 20 Feb 19, 02:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinythepanda
Getting Excited

Mobile Upgraded to Universal AP today.

I thought I would post this today in the hope it would help someone as there’s normally a few AP questions.

We went to the ticket desk today to collect our 3 park explorer ticket and upgraded to the seasonal pass which lasts for 15 months. The was $49 plus tax per person. As a lot have mentioned you can no longer change to a 2 park. It’s also worth noting the seasonal pass has black out days and no free parking.
Tinythepanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinythepanda View Post
I thought I would post this today in the hope it would help someone as there’s normally a few AP questions.

We went to the ticket desk today to collect our 3 park explorer ticket and upgraded to the seasonal pass which lasts for 15 months. The was $49 plus tax per person. As a lot have mentioned you can no longer change to a 2 park. It’s also worth noting the seasonal pass has black out days and no free parking.
Why does it last for 15 months? I presume ours is 12 months
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Hipstalike
Proud to wear my Ears

Hipstalike's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by florida_2012 View Post
Why does it last for 15 months? I presume ours is 12 months
Universal has an offer going on that offers three/six months for free depending on the type of AP you get.
Hipstalike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s great, we are going in October and couldn’t decide what to do whether to buy annual passes before we go or just upgrade but I think I will just upgrade to season passes when we get there. Thanks
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Did you get quotes for upgrades to the other passes? We go in August and read that you are restricted from volcano bay unless you buy the Premier annual pass but that seems to be $350 more than the Seasonal pass so that seems too expensive an upgrade.
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Hipstalike View Post
Universal has an offer going on that offers three/six months for free depending on the type of AP you get.
I’ve just read that the offer is until April 4th 2019 so you have to upgrade by then. Don’t know if it’ll be extended?
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Chunky81
Excited about Disney

Can I ask what you paid for original ticket?

Once in a lifetime trip Oct 14 Terra Verde Villa
2nd Trip Oct 16 Terra Verde Villa
3rd Trip Easter 18 Dibb Villa Tuscan Hills
4th Trip Oct 19 POR+Terra Verde 5th Aug 19 Villa Need to plan again!
Chunky81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gipsy 4 View Post
Did you get quotes for upgrades to the other passes? We go in August and read that you are restricted from volcano bay unless you buy the Premier annual pass but that seems to be $350 more than the Seasonal pass so that seems too expensive an upgrade.
I had a look at the blockout dates and the first two weeks is blocked out for volcano bay but second half isn’t so hopefully the same for next year.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
We just bought our Preferred Annual Passes ($503 pp) which gave us 18 months instead of 12 months as well as free parking but there are blackout dates for Volcano Bay before 4pm on the following dates:

Jul. 1 – Aug. 18, 2019, before 4pm

Jul. 1 – Aug. 16, 2020, before 4pm

HTH

Edited at 10:14 AM.
Sue F is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Thank you. Hoping to do this in October when we go. Fingers crossed it will be around the same price and they have a bit of an offer on!