Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 29 May 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tiredmumof2
Excited about Disney

Fastpass when booked with virgin/one night Disney

Ok, long story/question so please stay with me 😊

We’ve booked with Virgin and staying at Universal. However I’ve booked one night at Disney so we can make use of the EMH for DHS.

Obviously this allows me to book Fastpass 60 days out for the two days linked to the hotel booking however, Virgin don’t issue my park tickets until 30 days prior to travel!

So, question is- can I still book my fast passes on MDE without Disney park tickets? If not, has anyone managed to obtain the ticket reference from Virgin ahead of the stated 30 days? Stressing here to think I’ll miss out in the 60 day booking window 😭
Going back! Universal Endless Summer Suites October 2019, Hawthorn Suite LBV October 2010, Villa in Davenport - April 09, Disney Animal Kingdom - April 06, Disney All Star Movies - April 05, Enclave Suites - Nov 02 and Mar 04, Rodeway Inn - Apr 98 and Mar 2000
tiredmumof2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tiredmumof2 View Post
Ok, long story/question so please stay with me 😊

We’ve booked with Virgin and staying at Universal. However I’ve booked one night at Disney so we can make use of the EMH for DHS.

Obviously this allows me to book Fastpass 60 days out for the two days linked to the hotel booking however, Virgin don’t issue my park tickets until 30 days prior to travel!

So, question is- can I still book my fast passes on MDE without Disney park tickets? If not, has anyone managed to obtain the ticket reference from Virgin ahead of the stated 30 days? Stressing here to think I’ll miss out in the 60 day booking window 😭
Your reservation number on Virgin should be your one for MDE. Try adding it (or wait up to 30 days and it should appear - most take a few days). You can then still book everything with no problems.
Old 30 May 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Short answer is No, your ref no. won't work because there will be no tickets allocated to it, Virgin don't actually purchase your tickets until they need to so in your case 32 days before - standard practice. As your on-site stay isn't booked with them, they won't budge - not their problem IYKWIM. Only solution that I've seen is to cancel the disney tickets with them & buy elsewhere.
By the way they are not the only TA that does this, before FP+ it wasn't an issue
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

I agree with Shooby Doo. We cancelled our tickets and bought direct so that we can book at 60 days. VH could not help so we had no option. It only cost an extra £10 for the 4 tickets I think.
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

As per above and if you have a Disney Store near you, you can go and buy your tickets there, ring them first as they sometimes have to get them in for you.
Old 30 May 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
tiredmumof2
Excited about Disney

Thanks all.

We’ve already paid the holiday in full but I’ll give them a call and see how much I’ll receive if I cancel. We got a really good deal with them (bartered for days and in the end they applied my flying club discount and staff discount - even though I’m not staff) so cancelling and purchasing again may be more expensive.

I’ll weigh up the pros and cons and go from there. Thanks again for you’re replies.
Going back! Universal Endless Summer Suites October 2019, Hawthorn Suite LBV October 2010, Villa in Davenport - April 09, Disney Animal Kingdom - April 06, Disney All Star Movies - April 05, Enclave Suites - Nov 02 and Mar 04, Rodeway Inn - Apr 98 and Mar 2000
tiredmumof2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tiredmumof2
Excited about Disney

I’ve just been on the phone to Virgin and the refund for our tickets would be £1769.95 (to be exact). I’ve been on Disney website and the same tickets are only £1580, or £1660 for 21 day tickets!

Am I missing something? Even with my discount from Virgin they’ve worked out more expensive than buying direct! I was expecting it to be more expensive so this is a win win 😁
Old 2 Jun 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tiredmumof2 View Post
I’ve just been on the phone to Virgin and the refund for our tickets would be £1769.95 (to be exact). I’ve been on Disney website and the same tickets are only £1580, or £1660 for 21 day tickets!

Am I missing something? Even with my discount from Virgin they’ve worked out more expensive than buying direct! I was expecting it to be more expensive so this is a win win 😁
Just shows you how much Virgin makes from everyone
Now ring a local Disney store in the UK & see how much they cost to buy from there, plus you get REAL tickets (we collect our tickets).
Old 2 Jun 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Now ring a local Disney store in the UK & see how much they cost to buy from there, plus you get REAL tickets (we collect our tickets).
If you’re using MDE and magic bands then surely you don’t need real physical tickets. I know since magic bands were introduced we’ve never been issued with actual tickets.
Old 2 Jun 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
If you’re using MDE and magic bands then surely you don’t need real physical tickets. I know since magic bands were introduced we’ve never been issued with actual tickets.
We always used to buy our tickets so we could put them up on our memo board in my office. If your going DIY you can still buy actual real tickets. We havent this year as booked with TUI so no tickets for the board this time