Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Nov 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Disney Tokyo Park Tickets?

Been watching a lot of youtube videos recently for Disney Tokyo as were planning on going for the Rugby World Cup in 2019; 25th Wedding Anniversary trip.

The one thing I just can't get me head around is that it would appear that you can only buy tickets that cover you for three days; is that right?

Wife and I would be based in the Tokyo Bay area for approx 11 days so as we do at WDW can you not but a ticket which allows you to just pop into and out of the parks as and when we pleased?

Thanks in advance

Dave
Old 10 Nov 17, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

4 days is the longest multi-day ticket, and the days must be consecutive. 1st and 2nd days you must choose which specific park you are visiting, 3rd and 4th days you can park hop.

The only way you could go on non-consecutive days is with separate tickets, you might be best just Planning which 4 days you want at the parks, and avoid weekends at all costs 👍🏼
Old 11 Nov 17, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Mobile

I wonder if they do annual passes though - if so this might potentially be a better option if you want access for 11 days?
Old 11 Nov 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ben1993 View Post
4 days is the longest multi-day ticket, and the days must be consecutive. 1st and 2nd days you must choose which specific park you are visiting, 3rd and 4th days you can park hop.

The only way you could go on non-consecutive days is with separate tickets, you might be best just Planning which 4 days you want at the parks, and avoid weekends at all costs 👍🏼
Actually if you are staying in a Disney hotel you can buy the 4 day at the Services desk and you get park hopping on all days. I realise this isn't what the OP will be doing.

Park ticket details:

tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/ticket/

Edited at 03:31 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Thanks for all the responses; it seems a very odd way to do things but I suppose it could be quite normal for the Japanese.

As for the rugby matches we want to attend they are on Saturday's so we'd be in the parks in the week for definite.

Edited at 03:37 PM.
Dancin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post

You will also notice an influx of school girls every weekday afternoon around 3:30p.m. They are locals who go to the parks almost every day. Also look out for the Japanese tourists asleep on the train or even in bushes! They try to pack everything into a day until they are dog tired!
Try the curry popcorn. It's fabulous.
Half way down World Bazaar (their version of Main Street) are side streets. To the left is Adventureland and to the right is Tomorrowland.
Haunted Mansion is in Fantasyland because in Japan ghosts are often featured in fairy tales.
The railway only runs around Westernland. If it ran around the whole park it would be regraded as a public railway and they would have to charge separately for people to use it. Not that the monorail is outside the park and you will have to pay to use it.
Old 13 Nov 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

I think 2 days is plenty there. I wouldn't stay down in the Bay if I was in Tokyo either
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Robblps View Post
I think 2 days is plenty there. I wouldn't stay down in the Bay if I was in Tokyo either
Neither would I. There are much nicer areas.
Old 14 Nov 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Neither would I. There are much nicer areas.
Like where?

We were going to stay at the Hilton or Sheraton in Tokyo Bay whilst going to the parks.

At the weekends we hadn't decided yet?
Old 14 Nov 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just the Bay is out of the way. The Hilton you are talking about was it once called Hotel Nikko Odaiba ?

If so I've stayed there before. I go back to Tokyo in July, but I've seen some hotels in Odaiba are called 'Bay' hotels so I'm unsure if you are based there or down by Disney, which is out of the way
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List