Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jun 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Not for the squeamish... should we cancel our holiday UPDATE.

Please be gentle as I am so worried and also there is information that might be too nasty for sensitive Dibbers.

Can anyone offer any advice or help.

For the last 12 days I have had bad Diarrhoea. After the 6 days, I went to the Doctors who was a Locum and she said there was nothing to worry about but if it carried on for another 5 days to take a sample to our local hospital Pathology Department.

Well, it did get a tiny bit better so I didn't do this, but its back again. I have contacted my Doctor and have an appointment for 9.40 today again with a Locum.

I am not bleeding, no signs of weight loss, no fatigue or any other red flags.
I tried Immodium and yesterday Kaolin and Morphine, which seemed to help a little but this morning back to being bad again.

I am in remission from Cancer, but it is not related to anything like this.
I had my tumour marker done on Friday and everything still normal.

Now, the million dollar question... which I will ask the Locum today, but would like any caring Dibbers advice... Should I now consider to Cancel our holiday ? I really don't want to, feel absolutely fine otherwise. Ooooooh help ? We leave on Saturday for the airport Hotel.

Thanks for listening and any help gratefully received. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 07:01 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post

So sorry to read this, it sounds very unpleasant but I hope it is nothing serious.

With regard to holiday, I don’t think I could go like this, the flight would be awful and you are not going to enjoy yourself. I would maybe give it another 24 hours, possibly 48 at a push and if no better, yes I think I would check my insurance cover and cancel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The best person to ask is your dr. They will also advise if you are infectious at all as air travel probably wouldnt be advisable. I’m surprised they didn’t send a sample off after the first episode . Get better soon x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm not a doctor but it sounds like a stomach infection to me. I have to be honest I would have taken immodium much sooner! Hopefully your doctor will give you some antibiotics, I certainly would not cancel just yet anyway.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am just wondering could it be stress, maybe something to calm you down would take away the symptoms. I have ibs and that’s how I am before a holiday, I take Imodium but wouldn’t advise it until speaking to the doctor. I hope you get in under control and manage to go on holiday xx
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh I am sorry to hear you are ill so close to the holiday. I would certainly wait a day or two to give the Imodium chance to work. Also ask your doctors advice. I hope you feel better soon x
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I would certainly wait, and so long as the doctor says it's nothing serious I would certainly go.

I might move my seat nearer the loos on the plane to make that last minute dash easier though...
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post

If it’s a stomach bug causing it you are better off not taking Imodium unless you have to go somewhere as having the episodes rids your body of the bugs. Taking Imodium just prolongs it in the long run.
I get this though when I’m stressed or anxious, so possibly it’s that? I would still leave it a few days as it might clear up tomorrow and see what the dr says. I would go on their recommendation.
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

I picked up something similar in South Africa a few years ago - took four weeks for symptoms to clear up. Imodium helped but only temporarily. Worth getting tests done - my diagnosis when we got back was Campylobacteriosis.
Good luck, it’s not pleasant - especially when travelling.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Oh you poor thing

Hope you managed to get some help at the doctors this morning and don't have to cancel !

What did they advise ?

Really hope you improve quickly and get to go on holiday

xxx
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List