Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 12 Jun 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Disney Date Limited Tickets, MDE and FastPass

So we've purchased date based Disney 3 Day base tickets - 18th August to 22nd August

I've added them to MDE and they show on the App and the website

However I can't get into the FastPass section of either.

The website says Make selections for your stay starting at 7:00 AM Eastern on June 19, 2019 - but the app acts like there aren't any linked tickets

I've rung Disney who said I should be able to do what the website says and book from 19th June BUT previously when I purchased UK 14 day tickets and linked on the App I could get into the Fastpass section and see the calendar (just not be able to book) - and I don't want to wait till 60 days and then find I've got an issue.

Anyone any advice?

Thanks
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

That’s usual now and it will magically open up at 60 days!
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
BUT previously when I purchased UK 14 day tickets and linked on the App I could get into the Fastpass section and see the calendar (just not be able to book) - and I don't want to wait till 60 days and then find I've got an issue.

unless it was a loooong time ago, or you used standalone tickets, MDX says "no tickets linked" when you try to access date based tickets before they are "valid"

actually that's how it's been acting for a few years.

UK 14 days tickets bought as part of a package are "date based" so to speak, since they're not valid until check in date.

same goes with your tickets.
They're not valid for FP+ selection until 60 days (or 30 offsite) before the date they're valid for entry

that's how it is, and that's how it's been (for as long as you can witness threads on the DIBB of DIBBers worrying that MDX says they don't have tickets linked when the try to simulate FP+ before it's time)

so, don't worry, magic will happen when it's supposed to happen
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
So we've purchased date based Disney 3 Day base tickets - 18th August to 22nd August

I've added them to MDE and they show on the App and the website

However I can't get into the FastPass section of either.

The website says Make selections for your stay starting at 7:00 AM Eastern on June 19, 2019 - but the app acts like there aren't any linked tickets

I've rung Disney who said I should be able to do what the website says and book from 19th June BUT previously when I purchased UK 14 day tickets and linked on the App I could get into the Fastpass section and see the calendar (just not be able to book) - and I don't want to wait till 60 days and then find I've got an issue.

No option but to wait, nobody can get into the FP area until 60 days before for date based tickets. However I am sure it will be absolutely fine on the day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Thanks Everyone

asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List