Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Aug 07, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I agree, it does sound like it's free if you are planning on buying the photo pass cd already - which is really bizarre.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 07, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Ok, I called and spoke with them about this new package. The details that she gave to me makes it very appealing and worth doing.

For the $49.95 you get the photo session and the photos put onto your Photo Pass card only.

If you pay for the $124.95 you get the photo session and all of the photos put to CD. This would include any of the photos that you've had taken on your Photo Pass.

The thing to know is that if you purchase a Photo Pass CD PRIOR to your Photo Session at the Grand Floridian you do not get the Grand Floridian Photos.

However, if you go and have the photo session done, and pay the $124.95, you will have the CD with the photos from the session and any Photo Pass photos that you've had taken.

If you do the session during the middle of your stay and have more Photo Pass photos taken you can go back to the Grand Floridian with your original CD and receipt and they will burn a new CD to include the additional photos.

They did say to allow at least a hour for your session. They take anywhere from 30 to 60 photos depending on size of family, weather, cooperation of children, etc.

The photo possibilities mentioned were on the beach, on the grand stair case, etc.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 07, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post

I meant to also say that they do recommend that you make an appointment for this to be done. They are still in early stages of doing this and popularity will grow as this is a great offer. There is always a chance of cancellation, no show or open spots so if you don't book don't think that you can't have it done because they might be able to accept a walk up.
Old 24 Aug 07, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
princess nicky
Apprentice Imagineer

thats great many thanks for getting that info

Do you think it's best to phone and book or just turn up at the hotal and book ?
and how long before could i phone them ?
Old 24 Aug 07, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post

My apologies for another post but I did call back and ask a further question. If a moderator wants to combine my information and delete the extra posts that is fine.

I thought about those that ask about wedding posibilities and posed the question about wedding photos. The answer was absolutely you can have them done. They can not, however, go into the wedding pavilion. She did add that they are able to get the pavilion in the background. So anyone that is getting married in Orlando and is looking for some nice wedding photos this is a GREAT option!
Old 24 Aug 07, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by princess nicky View Post
thats great many thanks for getting that info

Do you think it's best to phone and book or just turn up at the hotal and book ?
and how long before could i phone them ?

I called and asked your question and she said currently they are only able to book 30 days in advance. She said they are hoping to get the ability to book further out (like ADR) but as this is all very new they need to grow a bit more and get everything in place.
Old 24 Aug 07, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
princess nicky
Apprentice Imagineer

thank -you , i will wait until next year and i will phone and book.

many thanks
from nicky
Old 24 Aug 07, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

This sounds really excellent, especially if you are planning on getting a PhotoPass CD anyway.

I wonder if that 'mid-stay session' option of going back to the GF at the end of your stay to get any further PhotoPass pics added onto CD can be extended to the PhotoPass stations at the parks? I'm thinking of people who maybe use their last day at a park, and want to get their final PhotoPass pics burnt onto CD just before they leave for the airport. In that case, going back to the GF instead of using the park kiosks may not be quite so convenient.

I was also intrigued by the mention of discussing wardrobe with them too - do you think that means they may have period outfits on hand so you can have photos taken in turn-of-the century costumes on the staircase of the Grand Floridian, rather like a lot of photographic studios do? That would be really neat if they do! Otherwise, I normally just have shorts and a T-shirt with me.

Whatever, I think this is a definite must-do in a month's time before they put the prices up!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 -•- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 -•- Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 15, Jul/Aug 16, Aug 17, Aug 18, Aug 19... and coming next, Jul/Aug 20
Disneyland Paris: Many times since 1992, lost count! -•- Disneyland California: Aug 2011 (for D23 Expo event), Aug 2014
Andre is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 07, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post

She did make it clear that you would have to go back to GF to get the additional pictures that you've had put onto your Photo Pass. You would also need to be sure that you had your original receipt for the Photo Session CD.

As for the wardrobe I got the impression they meant more along the lines of making suggestions of what to wear not that they had something for you to wear.
Old 24 Aug 07, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
princess nicky
Apprentice Imagineer

can't wait
I hope prices don't go up to much before next may.

i think we will all wear the same colour in the photo's ,maybe white it looks nice with a tan .