Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jul 08, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Originally Posted by CityWalk View Post
The shock hit the fan when I read this!. Universal have one (or more) over on Disney now. Pleasure island was empty both times we went in recent years. So it is no surprise its been demolished. What does surprse me is the closure of Adventurers Club and The Comedy Club! Both always full or close to it.

It needs a revamp but complete closure is a kick in the teeth. Where do you go for a night out now? CITYWALK. woops

I seen they guys doing the surveys, they targeted families, not the singles couples and 18-30's. Of course they will get negative feedback! Hopefully Disney will re imagine a better nightlife area. But removing some clubs spells disaster. Disney need a nightclub for people to dance.

Maybe they will open a new area on the western front?
Well - they targeted us in their survey 2 50 year olds and 2 late teens - but then, we were the only people around! We also fancied an evening without young kids - but to be perfectly honest, to be with any age group would have been good. We were literally the only people there - more staff than visitors.

We used to love the New Year's Eve party every night. Back in 2003 we had a great evening just wandering about and forcing our way through the party revellers. I think Disney are missing a corner of the market if they don't revamp - they'll soon find that their customers will begin drifting to the Kirkman Road area to be able to go out in the evening for a bit of grown up fun.
Old 18 Jul 08, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
i kind of think it's a good idea, i remember going to pleasure island when i was a kid back when you had to pay to get in and it was the most boringest thing for a kid, and now that im old enough to get into the clubs im not sure i even want to! although i think the part where virgin megastore is, is more for adults and teens where as the other side is more for kids even though i love both parts.

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 08, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post

I think it's a great idea. It always seemed odd to us that they had this area in the middle of Downtown. New ideas sound greta as we love Downtown in the evenings. I hope they update Disney Quest as well.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 08, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tura2
Very Serious Dibber

I for one am going to miss PI. As adults with no children,both DW and myself liked the idea that we could dance the night away at 8 tracs and then get the disney bus back to our hotel. I agree that Disney is a family resort but there are a large amount of adults that go on their own without kids. I know that the boardwalk has adult entertainment but the atmphere is differnt from PI. We are going back to florida in 2009 and were goingto give universal a miss but we are planning to stay a few nights at universal so that we can go out in city walk.
tura2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 08, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Diane1971
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JoC View Post
I'm really disappointed too we normally leave the children with parents and go to the comedy warehouse for a couple of evenings and really enjoy this adult only time.

I think disney does need to leave a bit of adult only space it's not like they are really short on space - they could use somewhere else to develop some of these bits
Here here I think a wee break makes for happier mummies and daddies.
Old 25 Jul 08, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
The Durrigan's
VIP Dibber

Are they having any sort of closing down party does anyone know because I think I seen the date 27th Of September mentioned for closing and we arrive the day before?

Southern Dunes 1997, Rodeway Inn on I-Drive 1999, Rosen Plaza on I-Drive 2003, Tivoli Manor 2007, Windsor Hills Resort 2008, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2009, Espirit 2010, Highlands Reserve 2013, Dibb Villa Lindfields 2015, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2018, Dibb Condo Bahama Bay Resort + Disney Swan 2019
The Durrigan's is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 08, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post

SOUNDS GOOD - I wanted them to close all the nightclubs - it spoils the disney touch!
Old 31 Jul 08, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

i tend to agree with that too,wonder what they will put there instead?
Old 31 Jul 08, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm very happy about the news. PI was good on a Friday or Saturday night. Rest of the week, rubbish!

My clubbing days are behind me now. It's kiddy time!
Old 1 Aug 08, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Well I never go in clubs so I dont mind, I just hope they dont lose the atmosphere of the area, you know? It was a lively area.

However, someone said something about the Adventurer's Club... they'd BETTER not close that! It's not exactly a night club now is it? Plus kids go in there too. I hope they keep the Adventurer's Club in the new PI area!

Kungaloosh!