Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Aug 15, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
rens
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

10 days sounds plenty for what you want to do. We did 10 days a couple of years ago and did Universal, IOA, Seaworld, Wet n Wild, Magic Kingdom and Kennedy. Would definitely do it again if two weeks wasn't an option
rens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 15, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We have done 3 x 10 day trips, its amazing what you can fit in. 2 weeks is preferable but not a necessary

We have booked for 11 nights next March as that's all annual leave would allow for.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 15, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nmjacko74
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

We are also doing 10 days next October, again due to school hols but we are staying onsite, and only doing 1 day shopping and Kennedy space centre.
Nmjacko74 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 15, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Barnpops
Getting Excited

We are here now and are only in Orlando for 10 days before moving onto Anna Maria. We are on day 6 .

So far we have done MK. HS, and two days at universal staying at HRH.

we still intend to do an evening at Epcot, back to MK for a full day and back to HS for an evening.

We have skipped sea world and AK and wAter parks this time.

It can be done but you would need to go to a park pretty much every day.
Old 21 Aug 15, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
nicki2014
slightly serious Dibber

I’m planning on doing this in 2017 as we are hoping to go to new England at xmas, plans are the 4 disney parks and busch gardens, and sea world if the new coaster is complete

COMPLETE-DLP 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, DLR, CA- 2007, WDW- offsite 2008, offsite 2009, SSR 2010, SSR 2012, SSR/ GF/ HRH 2014, SSR 2015, MA/ NYC/ NJ- 2015
nicki2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 15, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've never done any more than 10 days in Orlando I think - my first trip ever was either 8, 9 or 10 days long (can't remember exactly it was so long ago), my trip last year was 4 days long, and my trip this year was 8 days long. That being said though, for my trip this year I spent most of my time at Disney and one day at Universal/IOA, and didn't go to Discovery Cove or Aquatica...

The longer the better though! But I think as long as you go into the holiday with the knowledge/mindset that you will not be able to do everything you want to, it will be fine - it's trying to cover every single thing that makes the holiday more stressful I think.
Old 21 Aug 15, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post

We go for 10 nights in jan 16 & can't wait. 10 suits us with work, annual leave and school (I'm pulling them out &#128513 we have enough leave for the rest of the year to juggle holidays etc. ... Having a plan helps to fit in everything everyone wants to do - we're planning on just Disney parks & shopping/pool days this time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 15, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

We've often done 10 day trips and they've been fine. We even did 5 days once, tacked onto a trip to Texas and it was great - we just focused on our very favourite things. The only time you really need longer is if it truly is a one off trip and you want to see/experience everything. Otherwise there is always next time
hornetgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 15, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfans
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went last October for 10 nights. We stayed onsite at Disney and did all the Disney parks and did 2 days at universal/islands of adventure. It was our third trip so think that helped but we had a great time and did everything we wanted. We have previously been in May 2011 and June/July 2012 and it was definitely quieter and cooler. We even managed shopping too. When we booked it was going to be a Disney only trip until the new Harry Potter stuff opened at universal so we had to go there too. I would definitely do it again if it meant going or not going x
Old 22 Aug 15, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
r.mac
Excited about Disney

We did disney last Oct for 10 nights. We went indirect (2 stops) for cheapest prices. It was quite a lot of travelling for ten days, but my 5 yr old handled it fine. We didn't do anything other than disney though. Not time for us to squeeze in universal. At the time I said next time we'll do a fortnight and not feel we have to rush so much. Hth
r.mac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread