Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Oct 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

All Villa No Filler - Day 16: MK, Earl of Sandwich fail, Flight of Passage (again!) & LongHorn

The Index

Sunday 6th August 2017

Today was our final full day, and we wanted to make an early start for Magic Kingdom. By 8am we were up, breakfasted, and out the door.

Upon arrival at the Magic Kingdom parking lot, the first questions is, as always, walk or tram? It was a hot day, so we decided tram was the way to go.

At the Transportation and Ticket Center, the next dilemma is always, ferryboat or monorail? With the frequency that the monorail keeps breaking down, we opted for the ferryboat. Unfortunately our timing couldn’t have been worse, as we arrived literally as one closed it’s doors to new passengers; so monorail it was then!

So ferry close

The Many Faces of Sears

The pretty face of Isabella

We were eventually in the park by 8:55am and making a beeline to meet Mickey at the Town Square Theater. Despite the fact that we’d got in the queue early, and there weren’t many people in front of us, the wait time turned out to be about 20 minutes.

The interaction with Mickey was a lot of fun, he danced with Isabella, and she loved it!

Backstage Magic

Mickey the Magnificent

Isabella had written a message to Mickey

The CM made sure he could see it

Big hug for Mickey

Dancing with Mickey

I absolutely love this photo

Mickey and Isabella

Mickey and the Sears

After we’d met Mickey, we thought we’d try our luck with Tinker Bell. This queue was only 10 minutes, and Isabella got another autograph in her book.

Hugs for Tink

Tinker Bell's autograph

Now that we’d gotten the character meets out of the way, we headed over to Tomorrowland to ride (definitely not) my favourite ride: Space Mountain. We tried sitting in a different configuration this time; me at the front of the car, Jo at the back, but it was still an extremely uncomfortable and unenjoyable ride. I say I won’t do it again, but I probably will. And I still won’t like it!

Space Mountain

This CM made a Mickey out of leaves!

iCan, can you?

It was now about 10am, perfect time for a snack, and as we were in Tomorrowland, what better snack could we have than a pepper jack pretzel? Isabella was thirsty so we got her a Frozen Fanta Blue-Raspberry drink - cue: blue tongue!

The Many pretzels of Jo

Frozen Fanta Blue-Raspberry tongue!

We left Tomorrowland and headed back to the hub. Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire show had just started in front of the castle, so Isabella and Jo watched, while I went off in search of a water fountain to refill the water bottles. As I said it was a hot day, and Magic Kingdom wasn’t too busy yet, we were having a nice morning.

Views around the hub

Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire

Once the show had ended, we made our way to Frontierland. Isabella wanted to get some more pin trading in before she went home, so she found a willing CM in one of the shops.

Pin trading

We had a FastPass for Splash Mountain so headed there next. The FastPass line had a bit of queue, but it moved fairly quickly, and before we knew it we had splashed down, and it was time to go and meet Belle over in Fantasyland.

Splash Mountain FastPass line

Splash Mountain kisses

Last time Isabella took part in Enchanted Tales with Belle she was Mrs Potts, this time she was Chip. She played the part of a child/cup-with-chip-in-it really well; she bought a certain gravitas to the role that has been lacking in other versions….

Isabella/Chip

Here comes Belle

Getting ready to meet Belle

Meeting Belle

Chipping in

Isabella, Belle & Lumiere
Old 20 Oct 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

It was now lunch time, and sadly it was time to say goodbye to Magic Kingdom

We headed for the exit, made our way back to the car, and drove in the direction of Disney Springs where we planned on grabbing some lunch. Also, Jo had managed to book another FastPass for Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom late this afternoon (after checking after we’d done Enchanted Tales), so we’d be going over there after our trip to Disney Springs, rather than the outlets, which was our original plan.

At Disney Springs we parked in the Orange Parking Garage again. Disney Springs was busy - it was lunchtime. We considered D-Luxe Burger but Isabella said she didn’t want it. We thought about getting her something else but then decided if we went to Earl of Sandwich we could all eat together, and we wanted to go the Marketplace anyway, so that’s what we did.

Disney Springs, Orange Parking Garage

Earl of Sandwich was chaotic, the queue was long, and the server messed our order up, which caused us a lot of kerfuffle. First off, someone else’s order got added to our order, which means we got charged lots more than we should’ve done. However, I didn’t realised straight away, and paid it (Annual Passholder discount included). Once we realised, I went back to the server (literally a minute later), and he cancelled the sale, and redid it with just our order. However, he didn’t take off the AP discount! So, back I went again to get the bill done yet again. I also got him to confirm that we weren’t going to be charged three times, as I hadn’t been given any receipts confirming the cancellations.

Earl of Queues

So finally we’d been charged the right amount for the right order…. or so we thought! We waited ages for the order, luckily we had seats right by the pickup area at the end of the counter. When our order was finally called, there were two bags, with a total of seven sandwiches - we’d obviously only ordered three!

But we only ordered three sandwiches!

I told the server that four of the sandwiches weren’t ours (this was the order that we’d originally been charged for - I don’t know if the people that actually made the order ever actually got their food by the way!) but she said that she couldn’t take them back!

We decided to eat our sandwiches; Jo had a Holiday Sandwich, I had a Full Montagu, and Isabella had a Ham & Cheese, and then we thought we may as well try some of these extra sandwiches as the only other option was to throw them in the bin. These other sandwiches were, 2 x Italians, Hawaiian BBQ (with the sauce on the side), and a Vegetarian.

Tucking in

Earl of Blandwich

None of the sandwiches, included the ones we actually ordered, were very nice. We always used to enjoy Earl of Sandwich, but I doubt we’ll ever bother again, as they were pretty bland and it’s not an enjoyable eating environment. Disney Springs has so many better options now too.

So after a thoroughly uninspired lunch, we popped into some shops. First up was the Star Wars Trading Post where Isabella bought a blue extendable lightsaber - she now has a blue and a red, perfect for Jedi v Sith duels at home! - and we bought a Darth Vader car aerial topper.

On to the Christmas shop next, but we didn’t see anything that we wanted, so while Jo and Isabella went into the Marketplace Co-Op, I went into the Disney PhotoPass Service Studio to get the photos downloaded from the two photo cards we’d been given from Enchanted Tales with Belle, and the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.

Pin trading pt 2

They insist that a CM helps you get the photos off the cards, despite the fact that the kiosks seem fairly straightforward. After a few minutes, I had all the relevant photos off of the cards and in my MyDisneyExperience account.

The PhotoPass Studio leads right into the Co-Op, and I could see Isabella doing some pin trading with a CM in the shop. We bought some postcards (Up, and two Star Wars) from the WonderGround Gallery, then left the Co-Op and headed towards the World of Disney shop, stopping in Ghirardelli’s for a free chocolate on the way - well it would be rude not to wouldn’t it?!

Pin trading pt 3

In World of Disney Isabella traded yet another pin, and we bought a few bits including a 2018 calendar, some Star Wars t-shirts, and some badges (for Isabella).

Pin trading pt 4

It was now time to leave Disney Springs and head over to Animal Kingdom. Upon arrival we headed straight to Pandora for our Flight of Passage FastPass.

The ride was just as good second time around, if not better!

In the post-ride shop Isabella bought some binoculars, and then we got ourselves a much needed Starbucks.

The Many Starbucks of Jo

Stewbucks

I see you daddy

It was most definitely a shopping day today; Isabella managed to complete her plush toy Lion Guard collection, buying Kion (the lion) and Beshte (the hippo).

Shopping complete, visit to Animal Kingdom done - we’d literally only gone there for that Flight of Passage FastPass!

We drove back to the villa, arriving at about 6:15pm. Jo took Isabella into the pool for half an hour while I got showered and ready for dinner. Once I was done, Jo and Isabella got ready, and then we left and headed to LongHorn Steakhouse at Rolling Oaks.

Lizard at the end of the rainbow

Pooltime

My lovely wife ready for dinner

As soon as we arrived we realised we’d made a mistake in not booking; the restaurant was really busy, and there were a lot of people milling around the bar area. We checked in and were told there would be a 30 minute wait. Resigning ourselves to waiting it out, we found some seats in the waiting area, only to be buzzed 5 minutes later - we had a table!

Once seated, we ordered drinks, Jo had a special Mule followed by a Margarita, and I had a Sam Adam’s Seasonal beer. We ordered the following meals:
  • Appetizer: Garlic mushrooms (free with coupon)
  • Me: Prime rib with fries and salad
  • Jo: Ribeye with mash and salad
  • Isabella: Kids steak with fries

Bread and butter

Jo and her mule

Joanne Margarita Sear

Sam Adam’s Seasonal beer

Garlic mushroom (there were originally more of them)

Salad

My steak

Jo's steak

Isabella's steak

The food was delicious, best steak of the holiday, and definitely a place we want to revisit. Our waiter Christopher was also great. We had a really enjoyable meal too, we talked about our next holiday in October (4 days away from when I’m writing this now!) where we’ll be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Club Level!

We finished up, and were home by 9pm; Isabella went straight to bed. Jo did some packing and we ended up going to bed at about midnight.

Thanks for reading, tomorrow is the last day, we go home - but not without some drama!

Isabella's TR day 16

Edited at 09:41 PM.
Stewboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Lovely last day - Isabella looks like she really enjoyed meeting Mickey Mouse!

We had a similar chaotic experience in EOS - although we didn't get 7 sandwiches Your evening meal sounds much better!

Looking forward to reading about your journey home, and how great to have not long to go before you're there again - I'm so jealous!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Yummm Longhorns!

Fab pictures of Isabella meeting Mickey, she looks so excited! Great day .

Enjoy your upcoming trip! xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

A brilliant day. Shame about your Earl experience though. The Isabella meeting Mickey photos are very cute!

I’m sad it’s coming to an end but very excited to read your next trip report from AKL
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Aww lovely pictures with Mickey

After my last attempt at Space Mountain, I'm done! It never used to be that uncomfortable and unenjoyable, did it? I made Luce ride on her own twice, as it just hurt and made me feel sick!
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Your prime rib looks great 👍

Joan
Old 21 Oct 17, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Brilliant last full day!

What a shame about EoS though!

Hmmm Longhorn’s is always good! Love that bread too!

Can’t believe you go again so soon! Lucky ducky’s

X
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Some lovely photos there a great, busy day. I love longhorns
Old 21 Oct 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Brilliant last day, oh how I could eat a longhorns steak right now... Oh wait.. I only have 3 days to wait! You definitely packed a lot in to your last full day!
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List