Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
kmorganr
First POST

Mobile Both Universal Parks in 1 day

I'm visiting Orlando in early October. I'm only there for 1 week, it's my other half's first time in Orlando so I'm trying to fit in as much as possible without packing every day we're there full. So I'm planning on doing both Universal Parks in the one day. Any tips on making the most of the time in both parks?
kmorganr is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
dbolan
Gone all Goofy

Make sure you have a FOL pass and use the Hogwarts express to move between parks. Start early stay late, Skip the Simpsons ride its not worth it.
dbolan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Check out the HHN schedule. Universal is likely to close early.

In my opinion doing all of both parks is impossible in 1 day even with express. You will be rushing around so much you won’t enjoy it.

If you only have 1 day, List your must do things and do those.
Old 19 Aug 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post

We got early entry and nearly did them both in 7 hours
. We had fast passses as well but it was rushed and you really don't have a time to take it all in. We did not do all rides either.
I would suggest try it but leave another day to go back and take your time walking around as there is so much to watch and do.
We are going back for an early one next week and it will be a mix of rides and chillin.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kmorganr View Post
I'm visiting Orlando in early October. I'm only there for 1 week, it's my other half's first time in Orlando so I'm trying to fit in as much as possible without packing every day we're there full. So I'm planning on doing both Universal Parks in the one day. Any tips on making the most of the time in both parks?
I'd say that comment re: The Simpsons Ride is very much personal opinion. I like it!

You can do the vast majority of Universal in one day, just don't expect every show and attraction to be covered.

An Express Pass (the 2-park version) will be essential. Queues generally aren't too bad at Universal but you won't have enough time otherwise. With an express pass you don't actually need to be there for opening time, but of course the earlier the better. We didn't start until around Noon when we visited in 2011 but we managed most of the important rides, saw the night show (It was Universal 360 back then rather than the new Cinematic Celebration show which looks considerably better) and had time for a full evening meal inside the park. Since this predated Hogwarts Express this actually included swapping parks via the long walk twice, since we had to return later at night to be let into the then-new Harry Potter zone at IoA. Start at 9-10am, dial back how long you spend eating (or eat in Citywalk after closing time) and use the Hogwarts Express and you'll probably save 4 hours compared to us, plenty long enough to cover the few rides we didn't do, and the ones that have appeared since that trip.