Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Oct 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Looks amazing, only 2 bad points for me going up vertically and going backwards! Think I will need 2 Damadine that day.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Rumour is the ride cars will be Hagrids Motorbike and Sidecar!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

The cars are on the track but are covered up so don't reveal anything although each side looks different and so it does seem to confirm the whole Hagrid's motorbike and sidecar speculation. Also lots of the action is to one side of the ride meaning the sidecar lower seating may help with the visuals.

I thought the whole express pass element to HP was that JK Rowling didn't want money to be a factor in queue jumping ie people buying express passes. It may well be that there was a time factor involved meaning that there was always a plan to express pass it but at a much later date when a lot of people had had chance to ride it by normal queuing.

I think the new ride will not have express but be part of the early opening so that more people will stay onsite to enjoy the benefit.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Really hope this is open next August. Any ideas when they'll anounce the opening date?
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I'm going in September next year. I will be gutted if it's not open when we go it looks like it will be brilliant!
Fraser789 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I've read they are aiming for Memorial Day weekend in May. It's coming along very quickly in the photos. We will be there then and I have mixed views on this. It would be great to ride but we saw first hand what Pandora was like when it first opened and would make it stupidly busy.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

I didnt realise they were opening a new ride and strangely hope its after August as not looking forward to extra crowd levels it will bring! Think I will definitely need to book at least one night on site now.
Old 23 Dec 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
nicki2014
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I am hoping it is memorial day weekend as i leave on 21st may and am hoping universal is reasonably quiet so we can get everything done

COMPLETE-DLP 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, DLR, CA- 2007, WDW- offsite 2008, offsite 2009, SSR 2010, SSR 2012, SSR/ GF/ HRH 2014, SSR 2015, MA/ NYC/ NJ- 2015
nicki2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ride looks great, but am I right in thinking no more loops? great for me but not for my dd who loves a thrill ride and dragon challenge was one of her faves. We are planning 2 nights onsite in August so will hopefully be ready for then.

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
Ride looks great, but am I right in thinking no more loops? great for me but not for my dd who loves a thrill ride and dragon challenge was one of her faves. :
Yes, sadly the thrill ride of dragons challenge has been replaced with this family coaster with a simulator. Typical universal
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List