Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 May 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I go on holiday without my partner so that’s what i’d do.

But I had 10 weeks off between jobs last year, I went to Australia for 2 weeks on my own to visit friends, joined the gym, tried to learn how to ride horses better. I wasn’t bored once
Old 14 May 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I honestly don’t know as I have kids and they would suck every minute of time 😂

But if the kids were in school I would run every day (I do that now but it’s a rush to fit it in) and then go to a coffee shop and get a nice coffee. I’d then walk home and have a long bath and then make a nice meal or cake and then do something creative. And binge watch Netflix. But i’d only last a week at most before i’d Miss my job! I need to be busy.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

As you clearly don't want anything work related
I'd go visit those old friends you never seem to have time to catch up with ... potter in the garden, batch cook so I have a full freezer for when I'm back at work, possibly redecorate , maybe even a study for all that lesson planning and marking coming your way. I'd have no trouble but the reality is I'd work and treat my husband to a holiday as a thank you for supporting me through my studies especially as you will now be restricted to termtime holidays.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbelll
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Teachers in NI are off for nearly 9 weeks every summer. Don’t hear any complaining as they def need the break.
I would just relax, read a few books, go for long walks and enjoy the peace before it all kicks off in September

Not jealous at all 😉
tinkerbelll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you have a job lined up for Sept I would try to get into school for a few days before they break up so you can get resources and get your bearings. Then I would chill out and do nothing for a couple of weeks. Meet up with friends and family you haven’t been able to see often whilst training and do things that you enjoy but you would consider are luxury to have time to do. I would then spend a couple of days a week over the last three weeks planning for the Autumn Term. Everything you get some will help you when you start back, when sadly you will be rushed off your feet again. Get ahead and you will have a calmer start to the new term. Enjoy the break 🙂
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
DIBB lots so that you get a full complement of gold Mickeys.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

My hubby started his teaching job at the end of June (about 15 years ago) and had about 3 weeks where he met his new classes, started planning lessons for September, set his new classroom up and provided sickness cover.

The school changed to an academy a few years ago and rather than the traditional winding down in July they actually move to their new classes and get a head start on the next school year.

Is starting your new job early an option? A benefit is you’ll get paid for the summer too!

Personally, I could spend 9 weeks just catching up on TV, doing jobs around the house, exercise, shopping, reading, seeing friends and seeing family. I had 6 weeks off last year when I injured my leg and got into a routine pretty easy!
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Curtains closed, incognito browser window and a jumbo-sized box of tissues.
That might be an option for a day or two but nine weeks? My God you'd be a warped individual after that...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just like a normal day then 😂👍🏼
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
That reminds me of the "working from home" sketch by Mitchell and Webb.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List