Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 May 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
nickbeaan
Imagineer

Son had Romeo and Juliet and a Christmas carol, he wasn’t looking forward to this one, but said it was a lot better then the mocks, chemistry and his last computing exam tomorrow, no exams on Friday
nickbeaan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by nickbeaan View Post
Son had Romeo and Juliet and a Christmas carol, he wasn’t looking forward to this one, but said it was a lot better then the mocks, chemistry and his last computing exam tomorrow, no exams on Friday
Dd had the same English lit today- she seems quite happy with it! She said lots were pleased with it so I’m just wondering about grade boundaries now!
Old 15 May 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

DD has had French, Biology and English Lit. She was unhappy with the Biology as were most people who sat it. Apparently the teachers were very unhappy too and are complaining to the exam board (AQA Combined Science) - good luck with that. Her French was "meh" but she absolutely smashed her English Lit - Merchant of Venice and Jekyll and Hyde.

I feel so sorry for her because she is absolutely full of a cold and spent the whole of her French listening exam with her nose dripping because she didn't want to keep sniffing and annoying everyone but they are not allowed to put their hand up to ask for anything during a listening exam and, of course, they aren't allowed to take in tissues. (I haven't checked the sleeves of her blazer)

She has Combined Chemistry tomorrow and French written on Friday. I just hope she feels a bit better, bless her.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

DD’s Eng Lit was on An Inspector Calls and Romeo and Juliette. She said she felt it was better than she had expected. Those in her school who did Macbeth were all complaining as the questions were about a very minor character in the play. She has Jekyll and Hyde and poetry next week.

She feels the exams have been a little easier than the mocks but that maybe because she had put in more revision for these.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Well, it’s chemistry today. DD really not relishing the thought of this one. First bit of a wobble last night. At least that’s it for this week after this one. Good luck to all your children sitting exams today.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Today’s my daughters last day of her SATs another maths paper today... reasoning I think she said then she’s done and coped better than we thought, after first day Monday and realising it was similar in routine to how they’d practised in mocks I think that really calmed her down ... can’t wait to see the smile on her face at 3.30 lol x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Good luck to all the chemistry kids & parents today

DS has resigned himself to failing chemistry, there's no talking him round, so on the bright side at least he's not stressed today!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post

DS has resigned himself to failing chemistry, there's no talking him round, so on the bright side at least he's not stressed today!
My son also! Just told him (as per usual) to try his best! At least it’s out of the way after today.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

And mine! Not quite so chirpy today, but science is not his thing at all. Biology wasn’t too bad as a lot of it was covered in PE.

Good luck everyone 🍀
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post

DD has said the same and was alright this morning. She had a string of supply teachers throughout Year 10 up until October last year so feels like they’ve rushed through the syllabus and only scratched the surface. What will be will be!
Good luck everyone

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List