Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 May 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I do all the planning because talking to my other half is like smashing my face against a brick wall 99% of the time.
Old 19 May 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

My
Husband doesn’t like talking about holidays at all
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I do the planning and everyone enjoys it but I have made the rule that if they don’r Input then no complaining! All he asks is that we don’t do too much in a day. I would happily do rope drop to fireworks every day 😂 Luckily for him the kids are like him but my eldest is soon going to be able to come with me *evil laugh*
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My OH doesn't like talking about holidays in advance much as he gets anxious about looking forward to something in case there's some emergency and it gets spoiled. This did happen once so I understand but I'm not wired like that. The anticipation as almost as much of the fun for me.

The more talk there is about a trip the more it seems like a big deal to leave home and it stresses him out. However he absolutely hates not knowing what's going on and simply being chivvied around places. So to compromise I plan then a few days before I sit him down and take him step by step through what should happen e.g. flight timings etc and we are both happy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 04:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Dunno if this is just me.

Basically when we went 11years ago as teenagers hubby used to just go along with what I planned. As we got older it’s changed to me being the easy going one.

Last year he booked Disney. Not me even though I’d been looking for years as I didn’t want to go this year. I thought great least he’ll be wanting to plan as it was his idea anyway.

Every question I ask he asks why I can’t make the decision.

Even said to me what we gonna talk about when Disney is over as I must mention it that much but for me it’s a lot of money and I want to make the most and have the best time. If it was just a cheap nothing special time holiday then I wouldn’t be so bothered.

Is this just me or is this just a normal couple/family type thing where only one wants to plan.

Find it so hard with these fast passes as he asks well what if we don’t want to do that on that day or what if we decide that day to stay longer etc. Was so much easier with the paper ones.

I’m actually starting packing tomorrow but am thinking that maybe I should just shut up for the next 23 days until we get there.
What questions are you asking him and how often? I don’t ask my DH anything, we don’t discuss, I just get on with it. He knows I spend a bit of time planning as I might say “I tweaked the plan today” but it isn’t something either of us would need to chat about.

From time to time I will sit him down and we will go through what I have planned and I will ask him if he has any suggestions. Funnily enough we did this yesterday, he even wanted to look at a few menus, and we made some tweaks. I will probably run through the plans with him again when I have booked the fast passes as it might differ to the current plan depending on availability. And after that he might look again the night before we go.

We start packing two hours before we leave for the airport hotel . That is something neither of us do in advance.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
What questions are you asking him and how often? I don’t ask my DH anything, we don’t discuss, I just get on with it. He knows I spend a bit of time planning as I might say “I tweaked the plan today” but it isn’t something either of us would need to chat about.

From time to time I will sit him down and we will go through what I have planned and I will ask him if he has any suggestions. Funnily enough we did this yesterday, he even wanted to look at a few menus, and we made some tweaks. I will probably run through the plans with him again when I have booked the fast passes as it might differ to the current plan depending on availability. And after that he might look again the night before we go.

We start packing two hours before we leave for the airport hotel . That is something neither of us do in advance.
Even just simple things like what time he wanted to get to the park. Since he is primarily driving.
I just don’t want arguments at Disney. Can’t be doing with stroppy men as well as kids. So I try and ask rather than tell what to do.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

I always do the research for any of our holidays. DH will say if he doesn't want to do anything but seldom comes up with a suggestion himself. But I do find that because I have researched and researched I forget he doesn't have the same background knowledge that I have which can lead to some confusion once we are at our destination.

(He did thank me last year for planning such a good New England holiday so I know I'm appreciated.)
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Sofiamouse
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

This made me laugh as I ha e been planning for months! Last night I said to my husband and Mum what snacks I wanted to get etc and my mum joked saying I don’t think we need to go now as I live it everyday and can taste what I’m going to eat 😉.

I always plan our holidays, hubby is getting better at putting in ideas but I planned our 3 weeks Florida trip in 2016 and he didn’t know want to see what hotels I had book, he said I trust you!

I love talking and planning it, so glad I found the dibb x
Sofiamouse is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I like to consult so if he hates it... it isn't my fault
Yesterday he commented our three (four if you count Gatwick) hotels were all really good choices and he'd really liked them all.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
raven45678
Helping Minnie

I do the planning though I like to have OH's input, so I find I have to approach the topic strategically I only ask about the things that matter e.g. how long for? Which hotel? Any restaurants or activities he wants to go back to?

If I ask too many questions at once then he tends to disengage. It's not that he is not interested, I just think he doesn't see the point of planning as much as I do, although he has said thank you for all the organising so he recognises the value of me doing it
raven45678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List