Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Dec 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I feel for you. Just do what you can to get through it. It won’t be great and it will be hard but make the best of what it is. It was my first Christmas last year following my husband leaving me and if was hard but I got through it.

Here I am again and to be honest I will be doing the same this year too. I’m not looking forward to it and he is visiting the kids in the morning and I will be going out as I find it hard to see him. We get on and there is no animosity, I am just finding it hard to move on without him in my life - we had been together 28 years and not seeing him makes it easier for me.

I don’t see my family or friends over Christmas period as everyone is busy with their own lives, so I do get lonely and work is closed until 2 Jan. I will try and get out for a walk every day to give me something to do and a bit of fresh air blows the cobwebs away.

You will get through this and I’m sure there will be some positive moments next year. Stay strong and be thankful for the small things. That’s what will keep you going and help you through it. Xx

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pookie3101 View Post
I feel for you. Just do what you can to get through it. It won’t be great and it will be hard but make the best of what it is. It was my first Christmas last year following my husband leaving me and if was hard but I got through it.

Here I am again and to be honest I will be doing the same this year too. I’m not looking forward to it and he is visiting the kids in the morning and I will be going out as I find it hard to see him. We get on and there is no animosity, I am just finding it hard to move on without him in my life - we had been together 28 years and not seeing him makes it easier for me.

I don’t see my family or friends over Christmas period as everyone is busy with their own lives, so I do get lonely and work is closed until 2 Jan. I will try and get out for a walk every day to give me something to do and a bit of fresh air blows the cobwebs away.

You will get through this and I’m sure there will be some positive moments next year. Stay strong and be thankful for the small things. That’s what will keep you going and help you through it. Xx
Thank you for taking the time to post and share.
Feel free to PM me if you want someone to chat with, I’m always here and happy to talk.
Take care of yourself and I hope you and yours enjoy some time together over the christmas period xxx
DisneyStacey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Just checking in with you to see how you are doing?x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for thinking of me!

Christmas and New Year were "difficult". I can't say that they were awful - because they weren't. I am so lucky to have so many wonderful friends and family who love me and support me - including all his family. I never felt "alone", which was unexpected for me.

I did take myself away to shed a few tears quietly on Christmas day - just the sadness of the whole situation sometimes gets me down.

DD handled everything well, she is so strong and resilient. She obviously had a few tears and upset moments as expected - but we got through them together. For christmas, her best friend drew her the most beautiful picture of the two of them together with the words "whilst ever we're best friends, you'll never go through anything on your own". It's nice to know that she has such supportive friends to turn to as well.

After a horrible couple of weeks in the build up towards christmas, I am starting to feel a little more positive again - no doubt it will soon be followed by a bad patch. But I'll take the little victories whilst they're there.

To be honest, lately I have actually enjoyed living on my own and the freedom I've got. My social life is perhaps the best it has ever been. I am starting to feel more like "me" again.

xx
DisneyStacey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dansgirl
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Big hugs 🤗. So sorry this has happened to you.
Dansgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyStacey View Post
Thanks for thinking of me!

Christmas and New Year were "difficult". I can't say that they were awful - because they weren't. I am so lucky to have so many wonderful friends and family who love me and support me - including all his family. I never felt "alone", which was unexpected for me.

I did take myself away to shed a few tears quietly on Christmas day - just the sadness of the whole situation sometimes gets me down.

DD handled everything well, she is so strong and resilient. She obviously had a few tears and upset moments as expected - but we got through them together. For christmas, her best friend drew her the most beautiful picture of the two of them together with the words "whilst ever we're best friends, you'll never go through anything on your own". It's nice to know that she has such supportive friends to turn to as well.

After a horrible couple of weeks in the build up towards christmas, I am starting to feel a little more positive again - no doubt it will soon be followed by a bad patch. But I'll take the little victories whilst they're there.

To be honest, lately I have actually enjoyed living on my own and the freedom I've got. My social life is perhaps the best it has ever been. I am starting to feel more like "me" again.

xx
Aww what a great update... I know it's not perfect but coming through it better than expected has to be a win
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Your daughter has an amazing friend, so much empathy and kindness from one so young.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

How lovely of your Daughters friend! And great to hear you had good support around you too, and that you are enjoying your new life in many ways. I really hope this year is a good one for you both x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

I’m so sorry for you , I’ve only managed to read your first post sorry , as I’m struggling just now but wanted to say to you to be kind to yourself. He doesn’t deserve you xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Im so sorry to hear that. How awful for you and what a shock.
It's definitely not you and what a lovely thoughtful daughter you have.