Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Sep 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes totally doable and sounds fabulous. I love Disney but I could totally do a non Disney trip (have several times) and just get my ‘hit’ at Disney springs and did MNSSHP one year. Universal and then the beach would be great for a bit of relaxing after you walk your feet off on the first part of your trip
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida White
Excited about Disney

Hi this worked really well for us the trip to New York was much shorter enjoyed 3 full days. I would recommend a flight around 13:00 to Orlando gives you time to enjoy breakfast an hour to the airport and plenty of time for your connection. With no security to clear you will be in Orlando for 3.30pm straight through and at your resort/villa before 5pm and quite fresh with no jet lag as you will have adjusted. It’s a great way to go.
Florida White is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Viking17
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did this last year and loved it. We'd previously been to NY so settled on three full days there.
The only thing I would do differently next time would be to get early an morning flight down to Orlando. We flew mid afternoon and felt that we'd spent too much time'hanging around'.
Planning is the key for New York, hope you have a great time 👍
Old 7 Sep 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Yes totally doable and sounds fabulous. I love Disney but I could totally do a non Disney trip (have several times) and just get my ‘hit’ at Disney springs and did MNSSHP one year. Universal and then the beach would be great for a bit of relaxing after you walk your feet off on the first part of your trip
We love MNSSHP so that’s a great idea for a small Disney add on.
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

I’m assuming there will be loads of options for flight times down to Orlando. I think I’ll need to start doing some planning to work out whether we’ll need the morning in NYC to finish off seeing things there, or whether to go down to Orlando early and hit universal for the evening
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Can't remember if there is an AVIS desk in HRH but there is a large one in the Royal Pacific which you could easily walk/boat to from the HRH

4 days is enough time to "see" NYC but it's nowhere near enough to actually "do" NYC.

If you are looking for a photo and each of the "sights" and a little retails therapy then you'd be Okay, if you are looking to experience something of NYC then you'd need 2 weeks at the very least (I lived in NYC for a year and then have been going back 5 or 6 times a year for the last decade and still haven't even scratched the surface - I'm yet to go to the statue of liberty for instance, I've just always been too busy)
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by GALE88 View Post
I’m assuming there will be loads of options for flight times down to Orlando. I think I’ll need to start doing some planning to work out whether we’ll need the morning in NYC to finish off seeing things there, or whether to go down to Orlando early and hit universal for the evening
The main problem with internal flights is that whilst there are many of them, like the UK the cheap ones release much closer to the departure date in a block (like ryanair and easyjet in the UK) rathe than a rolling 11 month in advance like transatlantic flights so you might not yet know your exact flight timing until very much closer (or if you do, you will probably have paid a lot more than you would if you'd waited for the budget airlines to release tickets)
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Can't remember if there is an AVIS desk in HRH but there is a large one in the Royal Pacific which you could easily walk/boat to from the HRH

4 days is enough time to "see" NYC but it's nowhere near enough to actually "do" NYC.

If you are looking for a photo and each of the "sights" and a little retails therapy then you'd be Okay, if you are looking to experience something of NYC then you'd need 2 weeks at the very least (I lived in NYC for a year and then have been going back 5 or 6 times a year for the last decade and still haven't even scratched the surface - I'm yet to go to the statue of liberty for instance, I've just always been too busy)
HRH comes up as an option to pick up a car on the BA website, so I presume there must be something there, although having stayed there twice I can't say I've ever noticed its whereabouts. But yes, RPR would definitely be close enough.

I think we'll have to prioritise the main sights in NYC, and plan to go back again if we love it. There's never enough time to really do everything unless I quit work
Old 7 Sep 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Mobile

In Royal Pacific it's on a bank of desks in a corner at the far right of reception after all the check in desks.

HRH probably works on a similar basis or maybe just a "meet and greet" service where the employee treks over from the Pacific to hand over car.

Note you get little choice in car (or switches) at this location as they shuttle them in as needed from a downtown depot, so if you want some choice in what you get better to book a *main depot * and get an UBER to there for pick up instead
Old 7 Sep 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

We did this too. 4 nights in New York at the New Yorker (we'd been before) then 1 week in a villa followed by 1 week at HRH.

As the New Yorker is next to Penn Street we got the Airtrain from JFK.

Not sure if it was unusual but the heat in NY was extreme in August. It was hotter than Orlando!
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List