Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Aug 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Help needed with a BT phone

I am having a problem with my BT Graphite 1100 handset. Ever since a call to my mum last week and pressing some random buttons while trying to end the call (in the dark!), I am no longer able to hear her on the line when she calls me even though she can hear me. If I initiate the call, we can hear each other fine. There is no problem with incoming calls from any other numbers.

So far I have tried taking out and replacing batteries, switching handset off/on, adjusting in call volume, and DH has also spent some time going through menu options to no avail (suspect he's not too upset at not being able to hear the MIL) 😉

I can't see any solution in the user manual, and the BT helpline I found turned out to be just to order spares. There was another premium rate number @ 65p per minute so thought I'd ask here first!

Any suggestions appreciated.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Get your Mum to try a different handset to rule out the issue isn’t at her end.
Presumably she has no issues calling other numbers too?

Edited at 09:32 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Did you leave the batteries out of the phone for the 10 mins they recommend. Sometimes electronic components can retain info for a short period of time without any power. This can be convenient you need to change batteries without losing stored phone numbers etc. but it might also store any setting you may have accidently altered with your random button pressing.

You could try resetting the phone to it's default settings by pressing Menu, scroll down to advanced settings, press menu again, scroll down to phone reset, then press mmenu again, screen should ask you to confirm, press menu again. I assume this will wipe your phone book memory, ring tone etc. so a bit of a pain but might help.

Edited at 10:05 PM.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

The secrecy/mute button should stop them hearing you, not the other way round. Does your mum have the same or similar make of phone? If so get her to press the X button on the top right of the hand set during a call (you could try this too )
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List