Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Aug 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
This reminds me so much if my eldest DS, when he was 4 he managed to get a tiny piece of playmobil (the cuff on one of the figures arms) up his nose, he told me he wanted to be a Rhino A trip to AE where it all turned into a nightmare, I was pregnant with middle DS, they discovered that they had no forceps in AE so tried to suction the piece out, DS went absolutely mad and wouldn’t then let them near him. We had to travel across town to another hospital where they had to call out a theatre team (Sun night) and anaesthetise him so they could quickly take out the piece. At the time it was awful but now we laugh about it and DS is now 19, I won’t let him forget it!
It was peas in our house

Disney332
Old 18 Aug 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Showed DS the article and reminded him about when he stuck a Lego stud up his nose. Luckily it came out quite quickly
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

This actually made me heave now I spent 35 years + as a nurse and could cope with all bodily functions
Till we moved into a house that was so insulated it and we couldn’t breath the boys had snooty nosed from October to March and I mean number 11 snotters from they got up to went to bed 2 years of ENT appointments and 3 months after moving house in the middle of winter to a house with no central heating no double glazing insulation no more snots even DH said how did that not cause the green no 11 bus to vivid I know
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Reminded me of something that happened a few years back.

My friend came over with her then 4 year old who was sat playing on the rug in the living room. She let out an almighty sneeze and two rather large diamanté’s appeared on the rug. Turned out they been to a wedding a week earlier where they’d used them as table decorations and my friends dd decided to pop a couple up her nose to take home 😂

I can imagine the panic if my friend had known they were up there, a hospital visit would definitely have been necessary.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Reminded me of something that happened a few years back.

My friend came over with her then 4 year old who was sat playing on the rug in the living room. She let out an almighty sneeze and two rather large diamanté’s appeared on the rug. Turned out they been to a wedding a week earlier where they’d used them as table decorations and my friends dd decided to pop a couple up her nose to take home 😂

I can imagine the panic if my friend had known they were up there, a hospital visit would definitely have been necessary.
That is so funny...I suppose its the voyage of discovery we all embark upon !

Kids in general are fascinated by their nose (use your imagination)
Disney332

Edited at 07:53 AM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Sadly it's not only children. Many moons ago my Mother had a pair of spring clip hoop earings like these

and decided to try one through her nose we thought it was hilarious until it meant a trip to A&E to remove it. One very embarrassed mother