Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jul 15, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

They say it's easier to talk to strangers...

I am so scared and upset but am doing my hardest to try not to let it show to family and close friends. Not quite sure why I am writing this on here if I am honest but somehow feel like I want to put the words down but to people who don't know us... If that makes sense! We haven't told many people anyway to save others worrying like me.

My dd is 20 but has special needs and on holiday recently we (me and her) found a lump in her breast. I'm not sure how much she understands but she knows it's not good but is terrified of Drs and hospitals. It's hard getting her to go for basic things. She must know a fair bit from watching TV and soaps as Michelle Heaton came on TV and she commented on how she had hers both took off!

After two days I still couldn't persuade her to let me take her to get it looked at so eventually I talked it through with dh and said I need to just book it and take her. I only told her as we were going and she wasn't too bad for her. Anyway the up shot is she has to be referred to breast clinic.

I am terrified of what could be, I know it's only could be at this point but still... Her moods are swinging massively now and her behaviour is of course all over the place, understandably so. She is very tired and having restless nights. When I asked how long we had to wait she said at the moment it is about 2/3 weeks, it seems forever to me that Don't know how on earth she will cope if it is anything bad, Lord knows, or even how I will stay strong enough to get her through it!

The GP did say though she didn't class her as a priority case. She said the lump was smooth and mobile and apparently this is good news...

Thank you for listening if you have. Roll on 3 weeks so at least I know what I'm dealing with... The not knowing I hope is so much worse than knowing... If that makes sense.
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 15, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Just wanted to send massive hugs to you both. Can't even begin to imagine how scary it must be but listen to the GP and try to stay positive ( I realise this is a stupid thing to say but I'm useless at words)
Xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 15, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

For what it's worth a 'smooth and mobile' lump sounds like the the one I had and it was just a cyst. No less scary for you between now and then but just thought I would let you know that even though the waiting will be hard, the fact that the GP is happy for you to wait and sees her as non-priority is positive. Big hugs to you both xx
Old 21 Jul 15, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I hope it's nothing shame they can't get you both through quicker x
Old 21 Jul 15, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Sending hugs and positive thoughts,I hope your DD gets seen asap and the news is good.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 15, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Just wanted to send you lots of love x must be hard for you at the moment x x x x
Old 21 Jul 15, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

Thank you. I'm stopping myself from googling it, so I appreciate that you also know for a fact that smooth and mobile is good news...

The GP said she will need a mammogram or Ultra Sound done, I asked if she could specify an ultra sound as I really don't think Sarah would allow them to do the Mammogram option. The GP knows and understands my dd and agreed that the Ultra Sound would be easier to get her to have. Iv never had a mammogram myself but I have heard they are not nice.
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 15, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I know it's no good saying don't worry,of course you will. It is good that your GP doesn't think she's a priority and the fact that she's young too...try to stay positive x
Old 21 Jul 15, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
It's usually an ultrasound that they do, I am surprised it's such a long wait (although I know it's not really that long), I was seen about five days after visiting the dr, I was only in my 20's too. I hope you don't struggle too much with your daughter as it's imperative that she is seen. Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 15, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mousettes View Post
Thank you. I'm stopping myself from googling it, so I appreciate that you also know for a fact that smooth and mobile is good news...

The GP said she will need a mammogram or Ultra Sound done, I asked if she could specify an ultra sound as I really don't think Sarah would allow them to do the Mammogram option. The GP knows and understands my dd and agreed that the Ultra Sound would be easier to get her to have. Iv never had a mammogram myself but I have heard they are not nice.
Her age will probably dictate an ultrasound as breasts at that age are very dense so hard for a mammogram. I've had both and yes an ultrasound is easier, but a mammogram isn't too bad. You basically hug the machine while your breast is squashed between the 2 plates. The bit I found hardest was the raising my arm over the machine as I had not long had shoulder surgery!

Don't know what support you have but could you contact the hospital and ask for anything they have to explain what will happen to your daughter. I know we have done that for SEN children at school. Good luck to you both xx