Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 22 May 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mseagle View Post
Never quite sure why people always ask whether it is safe ? Has there been issues in the past ? We love going there to wander around the slightly quirky shops and to see the Cars. Oh and to have a cheeky Checkers !
I don't know for sure, but I do know that once or twice in the past there have been a few "characters" hanging around in the motel car park next door, and my dad always made a point of parking the car as far from there as possible.
Maybe other people have similar experiences?

P.S. Also a huge Checkers fan! Best fast food burgers I've had!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mseagle View Post
Never quite sure why people always ask whether it is safe ? Has there been issues in the past ? We love going there to wander around the slightly quirky shops and to see the Cars. Oh and to have a cheeky Checkers !
The only thing unsafe about it is that I end up spending a heap of cash on the rides
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
flarocks
Proud to wear my Ears

We love old town.. we always feel safe and we have been during the day and at night. Does anyone know if the Red Lobster restaurant is still next door and the photography studio where you can get all dressed up... I can't remember the name of it.
flarocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
simker
Very Serious Dibber

Went Aug 2016. Felt safe on a sat night. Our 3 yr old loved looking around the cars and waved to every one of them during the cruise.
11/2001 (Embassy vacation resort LBV) 6/2005 (southern dunes villa), 05/2007 (Sandy Ridge villa), 12/2008 (Bass Lakes villa), 12/ 2011 (Lake Wilson villa), 7/2014 (Regal Palms), 8/2016 (Sandy Ridge villa), 9/2018 (Lake Davenport Villa), 9/2019 (Sandy Ridge Villa)

simker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
BertnErnie
Trading Disney Pins

We were there a week ago Saturday for the classic cruise. No free parking spaces available, but there was plenty of room in the car park for $10. They do seem to have given the place a bit of a refurb since we were last there in 2016. Still a huge contrast with the parks, but that’s part of the charm I guess - and you can get a beer for as little as $2. We had a great meal at Flippers pizza which might be new, at least I hadnt noticed it before - we’re big fans and often get take-out from the branch at Rolling Oaks.

I’ve never fealt unsafe here, although there are a few characters hanging about that you probably wouldn’t see inside a park or citywalk/springs.
BertnErnie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bigbear
Imagineer

bigbear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BertnErnie View Post
We were there a week ago Saturday for the classic cruise. No free parking spaces available, but there was plenty of room in the car park for $10. They do seem to have given the place a bit of a refurb since we were last there in 2016. Still a huge contrast with the parks, but that’s part of the charm I guess - and you can get a beer for as little as $2. We had a great meal at Flippers pizza which might be new, at least I hadnt noticed it before - we’re big fans and often get take-out from the branch at Rolling Oaks.

I’ve never fealt unsafe here, although there are a few characters hanging about that you probably wouldn’t see inside a park or citywalk/springs.
The Flippers was definitely there in 2006, We love Flippers' pizza
Disneyland, Paris 1998 & 2001
bigbear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Thinking of going but just slightly concerned why everyone is focusing on feeling safe. Is there a history of trouble with Old Town?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rustybolt View Post
Thinking of going but just slightly concerned why everyone is focusing on feeling safe. Is there a history of trouble with Old Town?
No there is not. A great evening to be had at the Old Town. Enjoy !

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List