Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 17 May 18, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Advice

Hello

Our son is in the process of being diagnosed with ADHD and possibly ASD with PDA tendencies, our actual appointment isn't until August for our diagnosis assessment which is after we have been away.

There is no way on this earth he is going to be happy with queueing & waiting, he doesn't so well in an overly stimulating environment where he has no control (I know right, taking him to Disney! ) he will last about 2 minutes before he starts and in all honesty the whole thing makes me super anxious too.

I have booked special assistance with BA, I've got the lanyard from Gatwick airport.

Is there anything I need to do MCO side?

We will be getting a DAS pass when we get into Disney, hoping Universal will be the same.

I know Disney don't ask for documentation but do Universal? as although I have paediatricians reports we don't have an official diagnosis letter, I could take our massive folder with all his stuff in it but would like to avoid that!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Hi I have not tried this (though will be doing it for our trip next year) but have been informed if you contact TSA cares At MCO there is a form that you fill out and then print someting off, i have also heard that they recognise the lanyards from Gatwick.

Not done Universal so can't help with that sorry.
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
Universal don't ask for paperwork but they do require the person to be with you inside the guest relations, they ask a few questions about the reason for the pass and then it is issued for the duration of your dates, it works in that if the queue time is less than 25 minutes you use the express lane or if over 25 mins they give you a return time but some staff let us use the express lane if the wait time was a little over the 25.

Can't help with MCO as we do pre-clearance in Dublin so just collect our bags and go on the return journey we just used the regular security lanes so not sure if they have any system for assistance.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
zanacal
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Just saying hi, we are in a very similar position to you with our 8 year old son. I think we're going to have to be very flexible with our planning!
zanacal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List