Notices

Old 5 Apr 16, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

The Disney Proposal

Hello everyone

I have only been Dibbing for just under a year now and the time is fast closing in on my first trip, a nice excuse to complete my first trip report rather than trying to do one from my visits to Orlando a few years ago.

So here are the details:

CAST

Me (Stuart, 28) and my partner Tanya (28)

A special mention for my mum for agreeing to watch our DD Ariana (8 months) for the days we are away.

We decided she would still be to young and are saving her first Disney trip for Orlando next year!

HOTEL

We will be staying in the Newport Bay Hotel for 3 nights at DLP which we are both really excited about but more so for me because this will be my first experience of an onsite visit

TRAVEL

We will be flying from Aberdeen direct to CDG at the unholy hour of 6am on Tuesday 12th but of course the upside of this being we get that full extra day at the parks . Then on the way back we are staying at a hotel near the airport on the Friday and flying back via Manchester with a nice long gap to give us a change for shopping, pubbing and hopefully meeting up with Tanya's sister.

DINING

We will be dining with the Princesses at Auberge de Cendrillon on the Tuesday for lunch when we arrive which Tanya is more than excited about, especially after realizing she accidentally booked a table at Café Mickey by mistake but fortunately we have been lucky enough to get in the only free slot left for our stay sorted Yesterday (8 days out)!

After reading the mixed review on the Dining Plan for DLP we have decided to wing it and keep our options open by not making any other reservations and instead play it by 'hidden mickey' ear.

THE PLAN

So with our early arrival we will be looking to dump the bags pick up our tickets and head straight for the Magic Kingdom as soon as we arrive. Then its lunch with the princesses followed up by a retreat back to the room for a power nap before making our way back out for more time in the park and Wishes (more on this bellow)

Then after our eventful evening the night before a nice relaxing day in Disney Studios for the day with my first time on Tower of Terror on the cards if I can suck it up . With an evening shopping in the Village.

Then with our remaining two days we will have a better of idea of whats on offer and and plenty of free time to make our way around both parks again hopefully doing the things we didn't have a chance to the first time round.

THE SECRET

So I have been keeping this under wraps but have started to spread the word a bit and knowing Tanya doesn't listen to the Dibbcast announced it to them too is that I am planning on proposing during Wishes on our first night.

I have been planning this for a few months now, since we booked our trip last year and I have made some arrangements with the special events team at DLP to make it an extra special and memorable experience for us both.

At some point after we arrive I am going to make my excuses to slip away and meet up with a cast member who has been selected as the coordinator for my proposal. At this point I will be giving them the ring, then later on before Wishes me and Tanya will be meeting up with a tour guide who will take us to the VIP viewing area for the show. It is at this point I will be "popping" the question just before the show starts while the coordinator comes out with the ring on a red velvet cushion and a bunch of flowers.

As part of the package we will then have a bottle of champagne to go back to in our hotel room while we phone home to give them the good news!

So as long as I have read the signals correctly this should be quite the amazing Disney trip for us both and sets us up nicely for Orlando next year !

Any advice on restaurants or things to try are more than welcome and I'm going to do a photoblog report to update you all on how it goes
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 16, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Sounds just magical, good luck and have an amazing time! (not much longer to wait going by your countdown!)

Does this mean we can expect a wedding trip report in Orlando next year?!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 16, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Sounds just magical, good luck and have an amazing time! (not much longer to wait going by your countdown!)

Does this mean we can expect a wedding trip report in Orlando next year?!
Thanks I know not long now, and it's good that Tanya can be excited about the trip so I don't look suspiciously over excited for next week And wouldn't that just be the dream to have an Orlando wedding
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds great I love Newport bay hotel.
candycat75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 16, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by candycat75 View Post
Sounds great I love Newport bay hotel.
Yea we were looking at the pictures again last night thinking "was it this fancy when we booked it?!"
Old 7 Apr 16, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
beanbunny
Apprentice Imagineer

How lovely. Hope you have a magical trip!
Old 7 Apr 16, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Sounds like a magical trip!

*2013 - Villa, Seasons Blvd**2011- Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando**2009 - VIlla, Seasons Blvd**2003 - Best Western(The Econolodge Inn)**1999 - MIC Lakefront**1998 - Movieland Hotel*
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 16, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by beanbunny View Post
How lovely. Hope you have a magical trip!
Originally Posted by DLS1005 View Post
Sounds like a magical trip!
Thanks! Just the two more days of work to get through
Old 7 Apr 16, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

So romantic! Have a wonderful trip 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

It was amazing and she said YES! I'm going to do a trip report when I have some spare time but the highlights were getting upgraded to the honeymoon suit and the view from the front of the castle was just amazing.

My fiancé does a little blogging on facebook and has put up some photos if your interested in seeing them facebook/search/top/?q=arianasohana until I get round to doing a Dibb post