Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 5 Nov 14, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Our 15 days of Disney dining

We have been on the table dining plan, arriving 23rd October and today being 5th November, we leave tomorrow.

I never thought to do a food diary upon arrival, I wish I had done as we have eaten in so many places and had such a huge variety of foods. I hadn't realised before our holiday what a big part the dining experience would be. My 18 year old son is a fairly big eater and prepared to try new foods. My 8 year old daughter isn't a fan of eating anything and has to be persuaded to try new foods, usually deciding before trying it that she doesn't like it. And I like a healthy option usually keeping to 1500 cals a day but I like to try new foods. My digestive system has taken a battering here! Lol

We have eaten in some amazing restaurants here.

My favourite meal has been honey chicken quick service meal from the Yak and Yeti at Animal Kingdom. Although it was plastic plates and cutlery it was really great tasting food and we all enjoyed our meals.

My favourite restaurant experience has been at the Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom. The atmosphere and staff were really special. We were seated next to the waterfall.

My least favourite restaurant experience has been T-rex at Downtown Disney. We went there yesterday and were seated in the icy cave show. The lighting was appalling, the decor and sound were awful and it was far too cold, I couldn't wait to leave, although my kids liked it. The service was bad too, we had a 2:30 reservation, were seated at 2:40, received our drinks at 3pm and it was nearer to 3:30 by the time our food arrived. The food was OK, although we weren't able to order the volcano as there were only 3 of us. I would possibly go back but would insist on sitting anywhere but the ice cave!

My least favourite meal has been at the Hoop dee doo dinner show. The experience was great, and it was an adventure finding Pioneer Hall and I would do it again, but the food was a set menu. It was plonked onto the table in mini cauldron type buckets and great for hearty meat eaters. My 8 year old ate only sweetcorn and none of us ate the strawberry cake dessert, not worth 2 table dining meals each. The actual show and actors were fantastic and really got the audience involved.

We are eating at Cinderallas table tonight, my daughter doesn't know yet! Hopefully it will be a great experience for our last meal here at Disney World :-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 14, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Magics
Very Serious Dibber

My son also likes Yak and yeti he can't wait to go again so he can have more
Old 8 Nov 14, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Have to second your opinion of T-Rex, we had awful service there last week, the noise in there is unbearable and have to agree on the lighting. The food was only so-so as well.

Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom we really enjoyed, best steak of the holiday and service was better.

We definitely wont be going back to T-Rex.

My wife had the honey chicken a Yak and Yeti and agrees with your comments
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 14, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
globedust
slightly serious Dibber

Great overview, thanks for sharing. Yak and Yeti is always a favourite.
globedust is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List