Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Jul 14, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Third Time's A Charm-Oct/Nov 2012 Food Report

I'll start by saying that this won't be the best report you've seen, a lot of the pictures are a bit dark, some are more of the restaurant surroundings than the actual food, and we didn't get pictures of all the meals we had. This is my first go at any sort of report, and even though it's fairly dated now, I hope it can be of help to someone.

The Food Cast-
Me-Charlotte, 26 at the time, third trip, love desserts but will eat most things

Matt-27 at the time, second trip, loves steak, burgers, savoury food in general

Location-We stayed at WL for 18 nights with DDP. This was our first experience of DDP, having stayed club level at AKL before, we ate very cheaply and mostly fast food previously. We were both looking forward to trying some onsite restaurants, having read lots of trip and food reports before our holiday.

The Restaurants-
Roaring Forks
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Pecos Bill
Cinderella's Royal Table
California Grill
Narcoossee's
'Ohana
T-Rex
Le Cellier
San Angel Inn
Yak and Yeti

Misc-
Cheesecake Factory for dessert
Steak and Shake
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Aug 2005-Eagle Pointe Villas
Sept 2004-DLP Disneyland Hotel and New York Hotel
Adora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Pecos Bill

This was our first QS meal on our first full day. We were meant to be starting the day with an ADR for CRT, but the alarm didn't go off, and we didn't have time to get the boat over to MK for our slot, so Matt managed to speak to a CM who squeezed us in for the next morning instead.
We actually got to MK about an hour after rope drop, and spent the first couple of hours riding Haunted Mansion and BTMRR, and were ready for lunch at about 11.30. This turned out to be a good decision, as Pecos Bill was quite empty still, and we got a good table in the back of the restaurant. It only started to really fill up when we were leaving, so we did well.

Anyway, we both went for the same things, the taco salad with chocolate cake, a large coke for Matt and an orange juice for me. I loved these and we had a couple each during our holiday, the fixings bar was really well stocked, and with it being so early in the day, everything was lovely and fresh. I filled mine with lettuce, onions, mushrooms and sour cream. Matt had the same, but with extra tomato, grated cheese and fake cheese.

There doesn't look to be a lot of mince in the taco at first glance, but these were so filling, we could have easily shared one between us. Once the toppings are added to the taco it becomes a really generous portion.We didn't eat the taco itself, just using it as a bowl instead, but if we had shared one between us then I'm sure this would have been eaten also.

We didn't eat the chocolate cake, instead we took them back to our room for later. By the end of the holiday we had about a dozen of these in the room fridge, there was just that much food that by the time we were back in the room at the end of the day, we never wanted anything else to eat.
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Adora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Cinderella's Royal Table

I had been looking forward to this ADR more than any other, as it was my opportunity to meet all the princesses. In particular Aurora as she's my favourite.
Having rescheduled from the Saturday morning to the Sunday, we had an 8.05am ADR time, so were on the boat nice and early, and got to walk down a fairly quiet Main St. We checked in and had a short wait before our photo with Cinderella. She was very sweet, and we had a nice chat with her before having our photo taken and going upstairs.
I was a little apprehensive about being two adults with no children, but it was fine-there was a couple with no children at the next table to us, and several others around the restaurant, and the CMs were very friendly, which did help. We were sat at the back of the restaurant on the raised part, so had a view around the whole room. The princesses were all on the lower middle level when we sat down, so we had a little while before they got to us.
As soon as we sat down our drinks order was taken, and a big plate of pastries were brought out to us. These were delicious, and I think I filled up a bit too much on these.

We each selected something different to eat. Matt went for the breakfast steak, and I chose the french toast. Matt really enjoyed his steak and ate it very quickly, while I struggled with my french toast.It was nice, but a lot bigger than I expected, and very thick, so quite doughy with a very very sweet center. After the pastries it was a little too much, and I only ate about a quarter of this, which seemed a waste, but we were mainly there for the princesses and not the food.

The princesses were all sweet, but Ariel and Jasmine were the most chatty, with Ariel asking if I was her sister due to me having red hair then, and asking where I had hid my fins. It was a lovely interaction and although they only had a little time to spend at each time, they did keep in character and make the best of the time available.

The meal did include all gratuities, and I was given a wand and Matt a sword (which he used to butter his scone). I thought this was a nice touch, and we still have these now. We also got our photos with Cinderella, which includes one large print and a few smaller sized ones, which would be perfect as gifts to grandparents for families with small children.

We won't be doing this meal again as a couple, but I'm looking forward to being able to take our children here in the future, I personally think it's a fantastic way to start a dream holiday.
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Old 3 Aug 14, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Fab report so far Taco's look amazing
Old 10 Aug 14, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Looking forward to reading the rest
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 14, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post