Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Mar 17, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile On average how long do Meals last in disney?

We have various fastpasses booked for after are adrs and just had a thought have i booked them to early ? Adrs booked then fastpasses booked a hour later is this managable or should i tweak them a little? X
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You could for example turn up to Crystal Palace 10 minutes before you booking time and then wait 20 minutes or more to get seated. All the characters may take an hour to get to your table. You have an hour in your Fast Pass slot, the choice is yours but dining reservations aren't always punctual.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Very much depends on where you are eating, what style (quick serve, buffet, table service) and if your going to do the whole experience (i.e several courses or just want to grab something and go)

At CP last time, we probably spent 90 minutes there. But we could have spent far less time if we had wanted to.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

As previous poster said, you can still wait 20 minutes or more for the table if you have an ADR. An ADR is just a guarantee you won't be turned away, not that you'll actually be seated at the specific time.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

The way an ADR works is that when a table comes free that can accommodate all of your party you will be shown to it. We booked a table for two at Liberty Tree Tavern and had to wait 40 minutes even though we had turned up on time. When I spoke to a Supervisor and told her how long we had been waiting they immediately seated us and gave us a couple of open ended Fastpass vouchers for the inconvenience.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
I've factored in 75 minutes for each table service meal we have booked and tried to not have a FP or timed shows immediately afterwards.

I've also read about waits to be seated, I'm just hoping we get lucky and don't have too many issues.

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

We waited for maybe 20 to 25 minutes to be seated at Crystal Palace and we were on time for our ADR.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for all your replies. Some of the FP i have booked are shows so only get 15min slot to use them so a may have to rethink and just jiggle around a little. We only have few breakfast and lunch adrs, the majority are tea time so should be ok to jiggle few days around. Thanks for all your help x
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

I generally allow 1.5 to 2 hours for adr before next fastpass booked. You can have a wait to be seated and for character meals, these generally take about 90 minutes if you want to get the full experience...and given their price tag that's a must. So a noon reservation would mean next fast pass at 2pm which actually gives you until 3pm to use it
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
In actual fact, I'm sure I remember booking my FP+s last year and the system telling me there was a clash with an ADR, so they don't let you book them too close together.

Even with free DDP I wouldn't want to rush a £40-50 meal! You might as well just get CS!
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List