Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Mar 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Character Dining Solo - Any experiences to share?

Hi all,
So I'm currently planning my 2nd solo trip to WDW.

I am very lucky to have fabulous Disney friends to meet up with for most of my dining experiences, however Days 1 & 2 are solo and I'm looking at going to 1900 park fare for an early dinner.

I've never eaten anywhere at the Grand Floridian and quite fancy myself a buffet lol...also I can stop by Basin on my way in or out haha.

Has anyone dined solo with characters? I don't know if I'll feel awkward. Will there be someone around to take pictures for me?

Any advice much appreciated. Thank you
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
baybeeuk
slightly serious Dibber

baybeeuk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I've been a few times solo myself, isn't it great?!
I've done tusker house breakfast and had a blast! The cast members who go around with the characters are normally around to take your pictures so you'll have plenty of opportunities for great pictures
baybeeuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Going solo myself so thanks for asking this. Also, I haven't made many reservations but have noticed that sometimes if I put 1 person down there are no slots but if I change the number of people to 2 a slot opens up. Do some TS restaurants not want solo diners?
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
belle1990
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I'm going solo for the first time in 4 weeks and I've booked CRT for breakfast - I decided I would much rather do it on my own than not at all and end up wishing I had! Unixgirl, I had to book a table for 2 at Ohana otherwise I couldn't get one at all - everywhere else I've managed to book a table for 1 but I did notice that different times became available when I put in 2 diners rather than just me!
belle1990 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by belle1990 View Post
Unixgirl, I had to book a table for 2 at Ohana otherwise I couldn't get one at all - everywhere else I've managed to book a table for 1 but I did notice that different times became available when I put in 2 diners rather than just me!
What happens when you turn up solo - is there any penalty do you know?
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
belle1990
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
What happens when you turn up solo - is there any penalty do you know?
No, I think you just let them know when you check in for your meal that it's just one person that'll be dining instead of two - I'd imagine they wouldn't be best pleased if you'd booked a table for six or something though 😂 It's the same as if someone was ill or wasn't able to make it!
belle1990 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List