Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Mar 17, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
CaliforniaKid
Helping Mickey

Alamo Skip The Counter help

Hello everyone

Apologies, I've seen a separate Skip The Counter thread, but my query is a bit different and hoping someone can help...

We head to Orlando next Friday. I've pre-booked car hire with Alamo via Dial A Flight.

I have completed Online Check-In with Alamo. After completion I was able to print off the Online Check-In Confirmation sheet which has the barcode at the very top.

Is this sheet with barcode enough for me to skip the Alamo counter at Orlando airport and head straight to the garage?

After online check-in, there was another page on Alamo which had a blue panel 'Don't Like Waiting In Line?' which urges me to use a kiosk instead of the counter. Does this mean I have to visit the kiosk and process details before heading to the garage?

Sorry if anyone can help me with this, or if anyone has had similar experience. Thanks!
CaliforniaKid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Stringaa
Excited about Disney

Does your documentation you were emailed when you completed check in look like this?

If so then you can go straight to a car and drive away 🙂 You just stop at the booth on the way out of the garage and hand over your documentation, licence and credit card.
Stringaa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CaliforniaKid
Helping Mickey

I wasn't sent e-mail confirmation at all, which I found odd. I also did not need to put in credit card details, which I thought I had to.

This is the Online Check-In Confirmation (link below) with barcode at the top.

Edited at 12:01 AM.
CaliforniaKid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Stringaa
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CaliforniaKid View Post
I wasn't sent e-mail confirmation at all, which I found odd. I also did not need to put in credit card details, which I thought I had to.

This is the Online Check-In Confirmation (link below) with barcode at the top.

Hmm seems like you'll need to visit the kiosk in the Alamo garage before going to your car. You need to put in credit card information to go straight to your car.

After I completed check in it popped up asking if I wanted to skip the counter and then asked me for some more details including credit card info. Did that not happen with you?

Edited at 09:44 AM.
Stringaa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
CaliforniaKid
Helping Mickey

No, wasn't given the option to skip the kiosk.

I'm more than happy to use kiosk and put in cc and other details, if it means avoiding a lengthy queue at the counter.
Old 22 Mar 17, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Is it MCO or Sanford airport your flying into as Sanford don't have skip the counter?
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
CaliforniaKid
Helping Mickey

We're flying into MCO.
Old 22 Mar 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CaliforniaKid View Post
We're flying into MCO.
Must be a system glitch then as I did mine the other week with no problems. Sorry can help further.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
There is a bit of confusion here about terminology.
There are 2 stages:-
Online Check In
Skip the Counter.

Now we all like to do the skip the counter process but it's not essential. Sometimes it is impossible to do and other times it's just difficult. The last week or so there have been issues with Alamo and people aren't able to print out the whole documentation after they have done the skip process.

It's always worth trying the 'extra tab' on your PC process as outlined in the sticky above.
If that wont work all us regular visitors do is go straight to the garage anyhow. The little hut in the garage can manage any problems if there is an issue as they have the terminal to do just that.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Stringaa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
There is a bit of confusion here about terminology.
There are 2 stages:-
Online Check In
Skip the Counter.

Now we all like to do the skip the counter process but it's not essential. Sometimes it is impossible to do and other times it's just difficult. The last week or so there have been issues with Alamo and people aren't able to print out the whole documentation after they have done the skip process.

It's always worth trying the 'extra tab' on your PC process as outlined in the sticky above.
If that wont work all us regular visitors do is go straight to the garage anyhow. The little hut in the garage can manage any problems if there is an issue as they have the terminal to do just that.
I've edited my above post slightly. Apologies for using the wrong terminology and if I caused any confusion 🙈