Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 54
Originally Posted by Disney Mad View Post
Love reading this

Anymore

x
Awwhhh thank you Natalie

yes plenty more to come but uploading the pics is slowing me down Hopefully I'll be finished before I return at end of Oct
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 13, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 54
Post 14: Sci-fi dine in at hollywood studios

This place is all about the experience- from the roller skating staff to the car seats to the retro films! ... and I personally love it.

The whole drive in movie theme reminds me of one of my fave movies Grease and I love how cheesy some of the video clips are

We both ordered cherry cokes (they use normal coke then add cherry syrup here and its sooooo much nicer than pre made cherry coke!)

I went for the build your own Angus burger and went for Swiss cheese however, when looking at the menu I was torn between the burger and the steak mainly because I loved the sound of the garlic mash. I asked my waiter what he thought and he suggested that I could swap fries for the mash with the burger for no extra cost- I suggestion I was really impressed by as a steak order would have certainly bumped up his guaranteed tip, however, due to his great service and honesty he still ended up with a very good tip

The whole main was fab and the mash lived up to its expectations and swapping the fries for the mash seemed to make me full without feeling totally bloated which was a nice change

Y went for the signature dish... the picnic burger!

Basically its the love child of a jumbo hotdog and a beef burger and you'll only ever get it in America
It also came with the biggest pickle in the world!

Y said it was surprisingly nice but soooooo filling! Because of this she opted not to do a desert, so it was up to me (piggy) to get a famous milkshake!
I went for the Oreo one and it was lush! But it was super thick...thicker than Maccy D's milkshakes.

No sooner had mine come, when our waiter returned with A surprise Birthday sundae for Y. It was a really nice surprise as neither of us expected it but Y did feel guilty as she could barely tuck into it from being so full

For us this is a must do place the food is good for the price and the experience is fab. For some reason Sci Fi always seems to get worse reviews than the 50's diner (which puzzles me as we've had two of our worst Disney experiences in there ) but we much prefer it in Sci Fi... in fact I have an ADR for Halloween as I think its the perfect place for that date

PS we had no ADR on this particular visit and had no problem getting a walk up but we did go at 11.50 but I think its always worth knowing that if your not a planning fan!
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 13, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
hunnybun
Imagineer

I love the Sci-Fi diner!

Great report-but it is making my tummy rumble!

Looking forward to more ;-)

"I've learned that people forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"
hunnybun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 13, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Really loving your report and you are certainly showing that QS meals aren't all about burgers and chips.
People find me strange that I can go to America and not have a burger, if I eat one in a year, thats a lot
Old 25 Jun 13, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

i am enjoying this foodie thread,look forward to more.
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 13, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Wow.. Just emailed my fiancé a link to that hot dog burger... His 2 fave things are hot dogs and burgers

Look forward to reading more

Disney Cast Member... Rose And Crown 27th March 2007 - March 2008
Sleepy Hollow 10th September - 10th November 2006

Trippie June 2024
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1271499
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 13, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Fantastic photos, loving your report. Will there be more soon? x
Old 8 Jul 13, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Excellent report, keep it coming
Old 17 Jul 13, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
C4rla
slightly serious Dibber

Loving all your pictures, especially the cheese! Can't wait till we're back for F&W again
C4rla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List