Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Nov 12, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
The hotdog is on my list of must tries :-)
And now mine

Looking good Emma - keep it coming
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

That hotdog...wow cant wait to try it!

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

Fab pics, making me hungry x
Old 28 Nov 12, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Yummy yum yum, not good when dinner isn't ready. Thank you for sharing xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
CP for breakfast looks like a lot of fun.

I had one of those hot dogs on my first trip in 97 must make it back there next time
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Love a good food report Em!
We loved the breakfast at Crystal Palace, the pizza was one of my favourites, along with the Pooh puffed toast! yummy! Thanks for posting xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by *Lauren-J* View Post
That mac n cheese hotdog looks soooooo yum! I cant wait til i back! Great start! Cant wait to read more! Xxx
Thaty was the best hot dog I have ever had! hehe thank you for reading xxx

Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
The hotdog is on my list of must tries :-)
Definately try it! Scott's sister had the BBQ pork and coleslaw one from Fairfax Fare too which looks equally as yummy. Next time xxx

Originally Posted by Hayley&Gareth View Post
And now mine

Looking good Emma - keep it coming
You must try that Hayley hehe. Thank you for reading, more to come tonight! xxx

Originally Posted by LaurenYorkshir View Post
That hotdog...wow cant wait to try it!
Amazing! lol xxx

Originally Posted by anniee View Post
Fab pics, making me hungry x
It made us hungry last night going through all of our photos and making notes for me to write this report ... today I have waited until I am all full up from dinner lol xxx

Originally Posted by sarahewoods View Post
Yummy yum yum, not good when dinner isn't ready. Thank you for sharing xx
No not good when hungry, hehe thank you xxx

Originally Posted by chaffey View Post
CP for breakfast looks like a lot of fun.

I had one of those hot dogs on my first trip in 97 must make it back there next time
We love CP breakfast xxx

Originally Posted by ppodangel View Post
Love a good food report Em!
We loved the breakfast at Crystal Palace, the pizza was one of my favourites, along with the Pooh puffed toast! yummy! Thanks for posting xx
Hehe me too which is why I am taking the time to write this in returm for all of the yummy ones I have read! Thank you for reading xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Aloha Isle - Magic Kingdom

This is one of my favourite snack credits ... a dole whip pineapple float!

I went for pineapple juice with pineapple dole whip...so refreshing in the heat and rather large too hehe. Yummy!

Pecos Bill - Magic Kingdom

This was a first for us ... and OMG it is now a must do at least once! We shared a deluxe 1/3lb cheeseburger - topped with bacon, onion rings and BBQ sauce with fries ... with a help yourself toppings bar!

This is the best burger I have ever had, we loved it! We sat outside on the wall and ate it while waiting for the parade, perfect!

Loved the hot cheesy sauce all over the fries, and fried onions and mushrooms on top of the burger... mmmm, if you haven't been here before I highly recommend it. I think this is now our favourite QS restaurant.

Whispering Canyon Cafe - Wilderness Lodge

This was our first visit to WCC but after reading a few bad reviews before our trip I was a bit nervous about this ADR, but we wanted to visit the WL as staying here next year so we kept it in the plan.

We loved the theming of WL

Unfortunately, we had a really bad server at WCC, she took ages to take our drink orders, and also had a nasty habit of coughing as she went past us without covering her mouth A bit disgusting ... plus they sat us next to the fire ... way too hot but we were kind of in a separate dining area which Scott preferred as he wasn't sure about the interactove, standing up and doing the hokey cokey half way through your meal goings on!

Anyway on to the food... I loved the jars our drinks were eventually served in

Here is the platter ... smoked pork ribs, herb baked chicken, beef strip loin, seasonal veggies, mashed potatoes, cowboy style baked beans and corn on the cob

The food was ok, wasn't served boiling hot but we enjoyed the beef and the baked beans the most. We ordered more beef, beans and potatoes, the second serving they brought out was much bigger and we couldn't finish it!

Next up was a dessert sampler platter... Whispering Canyon chocolate cake, jalapeno-lime cheesecake and apple-cranberry buckle.

The chocolate cake we found pretty tasteless, the cheesecake had a kick to it and I am not sure I enjoy jalapeno's in dessert ... only in cheesey pretzels! The apple and cranberry buckle was yummy though so I stuck to this one.

Sorry to moan but I don't think we will return here which is sad as would have been perfect as we are staying at WL next year There is just much tastier food in other places at WDW, I am glad we tried it though.
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am absolutely loving this so far. Your pictures are great.

So excited to see the muffins from Fairfax Fare. I've always thought they sounded so yummy but I've never seen them until now.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 12, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Cape May Cafe - Beach Club

Back to the Beach Club this morning for a character breakfast at the Cape May Cafe. Another buffet breakfast and our plates were both very similar and looked like this ...

I loved the cheesy scrambled egg... cheese is always a winner for me! Scptt loved the sausages.

Next course was bacon and my first Mickey waffle!

Then pudding (3 course breakfast ... I have a wedding dress to fit in soon!)
Fruit which was all very fresh and I find always tastes so much better over there, and bread pudding! AMAZING! My favourite part of breakfast today.

Scott had pudding too ... he loved the chocolate danish...and had syrup on his chocolate chip waffle ...

Minnie, Goofy and Donald all came to say hi in their beach attire and the interaction was great despite us being 2 adults lol.

Minnie loved Scott's Mickey vest

And Goofy sat down to do some drawing with us!

A 3 course breakfast ... we loved it! And enjoyed the walk from the Beach Club to Epcot after to walk some of it off ...

Rose and Crown - Epcot

We met with a few of our friends in Epcot today and celebrated with a little drink in the UK, the Rose and Crown pub. I had a Pimms

Lots of fruit in here and nice and refreshing in the afternoon heat, the others had a Pimms too or a cider I think but I only took a photo of my own, sorry!

Canada - Epcot

We had to try the Le Cellier wild mushroom beed filet mignon with truffle butter sauce from the Canada Food and Wine festival booth.

This was nice and tender, and in our opinion one of the best uses of a snack credit as it was selling for $6.50! We came back for more later in the holiday as we really enjoyed it, but we weren't able to get an ADR here for this holiday so this at least meant we could try it.

Fife and Drum Tavern - America, Epcot

A couple of our friends got a snack from the Fife and Drum Tavern in the American Adventure section of Epcot. A jumbo turkey leg for Clare and her boyfriend Scott, she was convinced it was gammon!

And a jalapeno cheese pretzel for Lauren on my recommendation ... she loved it too!

Club Cool

We hadn't managed to get to Club Cool last year so this was another first, and it was a great fun trying all of the flavours ... and as I had read Beverly wasn't great!

The watermelon one was nice and refreshing and I think my favourite.

If you haven't been here I recommend you do, nice free drinks!

San Angel Inn - Epcot

This is the first meal we have had with our friends in WDW... we were all very excited!

This restaurant is situated inside the Mexico pavilion, and we loved the atmosphere in here, under the twinkly stars with pretty lamps on our table.

First of all we were given complimentary tortilla chips and salsa, one was slightly more spicy than the other but not too over powering. We soon dug in as after a busy day in Epcot we were hungry!

Us girlies all had a glass of white wine with dinner, and a beer for the boys,

Then for dinner, Scott and I shared Polo a las Rajas - grilled chicken breast served over red peppers, onion strips, cream sauce, and fresh cheese

This was very nice, loved the roasted peppers to add a bite of sweetness to the creamy cheese sauce.

And Carne Asada a la Tampiqueña - Grilled beef tenderloin served with cheese enchilada, black refried beans, red bell pepper, onion, Mexican rice and guacamole

The beef was our favourite, all of the accompaniments were yummy too and our plates were cleared and Scott even enjoyed the beans ... he tried a lot of new things this holiday, good boy! The steak was very tender and enjoyed by all.
Our friends told us it was "The best steak they have ever had" ... something which they were to say quite a lot it seems!

It was nice to see our friends enjoying the Disney food as much as we do, and they were so impressed with the dining plan too!

For pudding, Scott had Helado de Dulce de Leche - caramel ice cream, which he enjoyed as a light end to the meal.

And I hadCrema Bavaria - creamy Bavarian mousse served with mixed berries

This was nice and light too ... which I needed after my massive breakfast today lol.

Both were served with candles for our wedding celebration, very cute!

One of our friends had what I think is a caramel cheesecake for you to see too!

A thoroughly enjoyable meal with our friends, we just couldn't believe after a year and half of planning we were finally here with our best friends, enjoying the yummy Disney food and all having the best time of our lives!

We enjoyed our dinner here, but would probably not return for a while just because there are so many other restaurants in Epcot, especially the WS that we want to try.