Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 29 Jul 13, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Bubba Gump shrimp looked good, shame about the price.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 13, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
vikstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Great start Oli looking forward to reading more.

Well done to your mum for just ordering fruit and toast for breakfast with all the amazing french toast and pancakes on the menu! Wish I could resist but sadly I'd be all over the bacon and pancakes!

Can't wait to go back!

The piccie pre-trippie 2011
vikstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 13, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Brilliant start Oli, looking forward to seeing what's on the menu tomorrow, take it from the frown on day 4 that you don't like shopping?!
I wonder what gives you that impression...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 13, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 3

Epcot was planned for today so after our " stampede " breakfast at the hotel (this is what it became known as as it was a free for all and it wasn't that a nice breakfast to be honest, but it was free so..) we made our way to epcot.

We did actually manage to get a walk up for Le cellier but at the last minute my dad announced that that he didnt fancy having steak for lunch and then having to walk around World showcase in the heat, I can understand his point but somehow we managed to get a walk up for le cellier dissappointed we left, and didnt fancy any of the food in the Uk either

I then had a moment of genius and suggested we take the friendship boat over to the Yacht and beach club for lunch at beaches and cream, despite none of us had ever been there before they entrusted me with their lunch plans and we hopped on the boat
Beaches and cream, Beach club

We had... me- Root beer float

(I see why the carry it in on a plate... the second you try to get some ice cream the drink over flows like a tidal wave )

Dad- strawberry soda float thing

then... Me and mum- Chicken caesar sandwich

this was very nice but after finishing that enormous Root beer float there was no way I would manage this big sandwich

Dad- Beaches rachel sandwich

The service was a little on the slow side but the Restaurant was busy and the food made up for it. after lunch we returned back to World showcase stopping for a refreshment in Morocco

Tangerine cafe- tangerine flavoured slush drink

the plan was to continue around World showcase and we did... for all of 10 minutes because then the heavens opened and it rained for well,hours so there we were stuck inside the japanese gift shop and after we had looked round for the 35th time it soon became clear it wasnt going to clear up so we donned our ponchos and headed for the exit...

not before realising Spaceship earth was a walk on... and then we headed to the exit. I will upload day 4 next...
Old 29 Jul 13, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 4

Oh joy, another shopping day to endure, i mean enjoy of course We visited the premium outlets at the top of I drive and then made our way back to the Lake buena vista outlets where we had some food from their delightful food court. No pictures here, i dont think the food deserved a photo

Moving on, tonights dinner was one of the best of the whole holiday (not the best in my opinion but it was very good)

Tony Romas, I-drive

Me and mum- Baby rack of ribs with fries and coleslaw

Apologies, it was rather dark in there

Dad- beef rib (I think?) with mashed potatoes

The baby back ribs were fantastic and we all enjoyed our meals...i made the mistake of ordering iced tea and when it came it was disgusting! I soon learned that it was sweet iced tea that I wanted, I seriously dont know how my dad drinks this stuff... though he said if it had a lemon it would've been better. Sure...

For dessert me and mum shared... trio of desserts. We chose (left to right) peach and blackberry cobbler, strawberry shortcake and Red velvet cake, that is also the order I would rank them. The red velvet cake had a wierd icing on it but on the other hand the peach and blackberry cobbler was delicious

I thought they were going to be 3 smaller desserts, though I was shocked to see what looked like 3 full size desserts. Its america though, what did I expect?

Dad- Choc chip cookie and ice cream sandwich sundae thing...

Which appeared to of sunk on its journey from the kitchen to the table... overall a very lovely meal and well reccommended
Old 29 Jul 13, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Ooh lots of yummy food!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 13, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Baby Back Ribs are a must have in Florida and Tony Roma's never let you down.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 13, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh goodness, Oli, I'm about to explode just looking at all the pics, all looks so so good!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 13, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Great pics - I love Tony Roma's. I always get the ribs & loaded mashed potatoes. Yummmmm

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 13, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Oh goodness, Oli, I'm about to explode just looking at all the pics, all looks so so good!
thank you, I was doing the same reading your report

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Great pics - I love Tony Roma's. I always get the ribs & loaded mashed potatoes. Yummmmm
Will have to give that a go next time the mashed potatoes looked very good

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Ooh lots of yummy food!
indeed, thanks for reading