Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Mar 14, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great food report, we love yak and yeti too, agree on the seating issue too. Fab drawing xx
Old 23 Mar 14, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jnyfrk8
slightly serious Dibber

Jnyfrk8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 19

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 134
Originally Posted by Florida-Sarah View Post
Great report! thanks for sharing.
You're most welcome, it keeps me on the straight and narrow diet wise. Can't get any fatter, I've got a bridesmaid dress to fit into next month!
Originally Posted by kelmoose View Post
Looks great, especially excited for our ADR in Sanaa!
You SO should be! It is fantastic there Sanaa and the Wave, two totally understated and awesome restaurants!
Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
Great food report, we love yak and yeti too, agree on the seating issue too. Fab drawing xx
They need to sort it out and thank you! we did three different drawings over the two weeks in the end.

Jen
xx
Jnyfrk8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 14, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jnyfrk8
slightly serious Dibber

Jnyfrk8's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
1st December- Magic Kingdom and MVMCP

So I booked an early ADR so we could get some empty main street photos...shame it was so foggy!

You'd think we were still in England with the state of the weather!

Anyway we had an 8am ADR booked at Crystal Palace. I didn't take pictures of all the food as it was a standard buffet, except for:

The Breakfast Lasagna- layers of waffles, pancakes, pound cake, strawberries and bananas topped with pastry cream and caramelised sugar.
Yum Yum Yum! You should try it atleast once!

As we were celebrating Shaun's birthday he also got a card and cake from the characters

Crystal Palace is great, the food always tastes really fresh, the character interaction is fantastic and the position in park is second to none. I love Crystal Palace

The idea today was to get some fp+ rides done and head back to the resort for some chill time in the afternoon as we were coming back later for MVMCP...however on our way out of the park Shaun spotted something he wanted...no needed!

So we stopped by Casey's Corner for some hotdogs, drinks and brownies. Shaun loves hotdogs, especially chilli dogs.
Shaun really enjoyed his chilli dog but mine was a bit dry :/ It was only ok but I'd go elsewhere next time for a big fat burger.

On our way out of the park, not food related or anything, but we met talking Mickey...it was weird :/ We both agreed it's less weird when he doesn't talk.

We came back to Magic Kingdom later for the Christmas party with an ADR for 'Christmas/Thanksgiving dinner' at Liberty Tree Tavern for 7pm.

The food is served Family Style so comes out on a big platter and you share between your party. There was turkey, pork, beef, mash, mac n cheese, green beans, roasted roots and bread pudding (stuffing). Comes with 'gravy' too.

It was so good but don't be tricked into thinking that you're getting a traditional roast dinner. The gravy is thick and spreadable, the stuffing is crumbly and not stodgy and mac n cheese is not a traditional roast dinner side dish! Shaun hates cheese so wouldn't touch this...woo more for me!

I thought dessert was usually an ooey gooey toffee cake and I was disappointed thinking that it had changed to a cranberry and apple pudding due to the Christmas party. Turns out ooey gooey-ness is at lunchtime...d'oh!

This was still tasty but not the gooey toffee treat I was looking for!
As we left Liberty Tree Tavern we were just in time for the parade
we then ate the endless amounts of cookies and drank loads of cocoa (or apple juice for Shaun as it was too hot for cocoa)

Merry Christmas Y'all!

Jen
xx

Edited at 02:05 PM.
Jnyfrk8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 14, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Keep,them coming. Love Chrystal Palace too.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 14, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great report, really enjoying it! Just wondered though - did you ask for the beef to be cooked a certain way at LTT? It looks a little pink. We always eat here and have never had pink meat and I just want to know whether I'm going to have to ask for well done this year!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 14, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Hi!

Thought I'd best call in despite having seen all the photos lol! Looking good

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 14, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great reviews - I think I'm going to tweak my Yak & Yeti ADR to Sanaa after reading your review
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 14, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jnyfrk8
slightly serious Dibber

Jnyfrk8's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Keep,them coming. Love Chrystal Palace too.
I love it there too, it was our second time there, first time we were there for lunch and it seemed better use of a TS credit although with an early enough breakfast you do get those empty main St shots...choices choices!

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Great report, really enjoying it! Just wondered though - did you ask for the beef to be cooked a certain way at LTT? It looks a little pink. We always eat here and have never had pink meat and I just want to know whether I'm going to have to ask for well done this year!
I don't honestly remember, best to ask for it to be cooked how you want it if they don't ask, just in case. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Hi!

Thought I'd best call in despite having seen all the photos lol! Looking good
You have to keep coming back now to keep up!

Originally Posted by Clare View Post
Great reviews - I think I'm going to tweak my Yak & Yeti ADR to Sanaa after reading your review
Sanaa was fantastic. I definitely recommend it

Jen
xx
Old 3 Apr 14, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jnyfrk8
slightly serious Dibber

Jnyfrk8's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
2nd December- A Day to Chill

We ate breakfast at our resort today in Artist's Palette.

Shaun had a breakfast bounty platter again (assumedly forgetting how rubbish it was in Sunshine Seasons) and even re-tried the biscuit!

I had a mixed berry french toast

which was burnt but the squidgey middle bit was tasty enough. If I was actually hungry I might've taken it back to the counter and got something else.

We then made our way to The Mall at Millenia for a wander round the shops and ending in dinner at the cheesecake factory.
For main I had soup and a sandwich with caeser salad. Got a huge bowl of soup, half a baguette for my sandwich and a huge complete plateful of salad too! So filling but I had to leave room for afters!
Shaun ordered a Chile Relleno burger thinking it was a burger topped with chilli. He even asked the waiter if it had cheese on it and the waiter said no. Well it turns out a chile relleno is like a chilli popper...chilli pepper stuffed with cheese! He did not enjoy this at all!
The pictures of our meals are really dark but I'll show you a picture of the cheesecake display cabinet to set your tastebuds tingling

and our choices of cheesecake:

Mine was Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple (closest to front)
Creamy Cheesecake Swirled with Caramel, Peanut Butter, Butterfingers and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
And it was super yummy and super sickly! Could've done with more cream to cut through the sugar and peanut butter though.
Shaun had Chris' Outrageous Cheesecake (closer to the back)
Layers of Moist Chocolate Cake, Chewy Brownie, Toasted Coconut-Pecan Frosting and Creamy Chocolate Chip Coconut Cheesecake.
It all disappeared so I assume it was also awesome!

There are so many different cheesecakes to try, I can't wait to go back for a different variety

Jen
xx
Old 4 Apr 14, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Yay cheesecake!

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List