Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Jul 14, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Loving the report was the Japanese teppan Edo or Tokyo dining?
Both are in Japan and both are really good. Glad you are enjoying reading.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Loving your report so far.
What was the restaurant called that you had the meal served in the momorail car? You never mentioned the name, thanks
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
Loving your report so far.
What was the restaurant called that you had the meal served in the momorail car? You never mentioned the name, thanks
Sorry, I got carried away with how much I liked it. It was Tokyo in Japan in Epcot.

Glad you are enjoying the report, hopefully will add more later.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Sorry, I got carried away with how much I liked it. It was Tokyo in Japan in Epcot.

Glad you are enjoying the report, hopefully will add more later.
Thank you and Thank you
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Day eleven.

Ds was off to do the Pirate Cruise from the boat dock today, he loved it, they went a few places including sailing right into the world showcase and looking for treasure in Mexico and Canada. Even better than that 2 hours peace for us, what could we possibly do, I know, eat! We went for an adult only breakfast at the Captain’s Grill. You could order of the menu or have the buffet. We eventually chose the buffet. It was good, quiet, calm, no characters to be seen, a welcome change. It is probably the first time I noticed the fact that there were conventions going on in our hotel.

Ds returned with all his treasure and we set off to downtown disney again. We ventured into Goofys candy and DS ordered his own special rice crispy treat with milk chocolate, mm’s and white chocolate drizzle. It was huge. It was round about this point that I began to realise that as a family we don’t really have a sweet tooth or at least in the heat it seems to disappear. DS had some of this then kept it in the fridge to nibble on all holiday, not sure he actually finished it. Great value for a snack credit though!

T-rex awaited, I know it gets some bad press but we really like it, the food and the theming. I had exactly what I had last year which was on the extra menu. It was steak, Prawn skewers and a shrimp and prawn cheesy gratin thing with rice, it was fab!

Dh had the steak, again, said it was fine.

Ds had the popcorn shrimp and chicken, demolished the lot!

Puddings I had the key lime pie, nice but again couldn’t finish it, Dh had the sorbets, he really enjoyed them and ds had the dinos in the dirt, he ate the sweets but didn’t like the chocolate pudding.

T-rex is what it is, not fine dining but decent food and it keeps ds happy so as long as it does it will stay on our list.

We had another fastpass booked for illuminations tonight, I know you don’t need one but we were not doing anything else with our fastpasses today. Illuminations is my favourite, it totally reminds me of our pre child trips and our honeymoon in 2001 so have seen it loads but the fastpass view was amazing, it was quiet and way better than the preferred viewing spot opposite.

Anyway I’m on a tangent, we had a cronut while we were waiting, a combination of a croissant and a doughnut, deep fried and covered in cinnamon sugar, what was not to like. Very messy mind but good.
Old 24 Jul 14, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
nick
Imagineer

nick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This is really putting me in the mood for our holiday.I have told the family I would like to do a food report to post but would need to take photos of their food before they eat it... needless to say they aren't too impressed so we will see.
Old 24 Jul 14, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tangled88
Excited about Disney

Great report xx
Tangled88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by nick View Post
This is really putting me in the mood for our holiday.I have told the family I would like to do a food report to post but would need to take photos of their food before they eat it... needless to say they aren't too impressed so we will see.
You need to be speedy with the camera
Old 24 Jul 14, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Day twelve:

We were in 2 minds what to do today. We had Mama Melrose booked at the studios for later but DS was keen to try to do Jedi Training again. We decided that we would head over really early then either come back for a rest or stay till fantasmic depending on how ds was coping.

So more cookies from Beach Club Marketplace while getting ready.
Jedi training done again 10.10 slot. We grabbed some Doritos and bottles of juice, healthy snacks but we do love those bright orange crisps , with snack credits.

Later we decided to try and tough it out so we went to Pizza Planet. We were trying to decide just to get 2 meals and share as ds didn’t fancy the kids menu when the CM suggested we just order 3 adult meals as the pizzas were not really that big.
We had 2 pepperoni pizza and a meat feast. You also get Caesar salad with them which I really liked, I was definitely at that fruit and veg craving stage!

For dessert you could get Olaf cupcakes so I ordered 2 and a cookie for later. I wasn’t expecting great things but the salad was nice, the pizza was fresh and the cupcakes were good, they were carrot cake underneath the frosting.

There was lots of seats upstairs and it was nicely air-conditioned. I’d go back.

Now because we had had a huge lunch (there was a lot of eating in 3 adult meals) and because we had been at the park since before 8.30am, ds was shattered. We had an adr at Mama Melrose at 5pm for the fantasmic package and he was determined he didn’t want any food. The server was really nice and brought him juice and extra plates for our food in case he wanted to try anything, she didn’t charge him for his drinks at all. We both had calamari to start, this is one of ds favourite foods from the age of 1 he has loved it. He had some of mine. It was really good.

I apologise I have no pictures of the main courses, I was distracted by ds.

I had the seafood spaghetti for my main. Seafood pasta of some sorts is always my meal of choice when we eat out but I am fussy, I don’t like any cream or any cheese near it, hate when it has tinned tomato and it needs to be a bit spicy. My pasta was perfect so I was happy and ds had some fish and seafood from it and a little pasta so by this point he was feeling better and I was happy he had had something.

DH had the steak which came with mac and cheese so he was happy as larry!

For dessert we had the platter. I wasn’t keen, one thing had cherries (my other hate along with eggs), one was a panacotta thing with mango and I can’t remember what the other was but it was ok.

I was pretty full so was not that bothered about pudding, we would certainly go back.

I really wanted to get a darth vader popcorn bucket for ds for fantasmic (we bought R2D2) last year but they only had them beside toy story mania and that area closed early to set up the frozen fireworks. Ds did last for Fantasmic and the Frozen fireworks though.
Old 24 Jul 14, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tangled88 View Post
Great report xx
Thanks.