Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 17 Aug 14, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Disneymoon, dining and drinking - July 2014

MY BANDWIDTH HAS EXPIRED SO PHOTOS ARE NOT SHOWING - I've started reposting all of this onto my blog if you'd like to read it there. Jillyloves.blogspot.com

I've been home for just under 3 weeks now, and have been avoiding the dibb like the plague coz I'm so sad it's all over! But I decided it was about time to start my food report and my trip report, mainly because I gave up on notes about half way through the trip so I'm relying on my memory alone so need to do it before I forget everything! I was pretty good at taking pics of most things I ate, but was really useless and didn't keep track of prices, sorry!

So first up was our plane food on the Glasgow to Gatwick flight

Then we had our main meal on the gatwick to Tampa leg. We both chose the sausage and mash. The mash looked kinda horrible but it was actually lovely! It also had this lovely wee salad with it, which was really fresh and tasty.

Later in the flight we got the afternoon tea where we both chose coronation chicken (actually I think they had run out of the other option, which I think was egg, by the time they got to us). I enjoyed this! It came with a kit kat.

On arrival night we popped into Epcot. We had a wander round and enjoyed a cocktail but amazingly I haven't got a picture of it! I took pictures of pretty much everything else that crossed my lips!

After the fireworks we walked to ESPN for a bite to eat.

I had Philly cheesesteak sandwich and a glowtini

Obviously I had drunk some before I remembered to take the pic.

Robert had a burger.

My meal was DELISH! Robert said his burger was alright. Neither of us managed all the chips.

First day breakfast was Crystal Palace. Our appetites really let us down here! I planned to go up for a second plateful but I had to force myself to have a second plate with a waffle and some stuffed French toast. Everything was delicious!

We got a cupcake here because we had added our honeymoon celebration to the reservation. Both too full to eat it so the server gave us a cup to put it in.

Unfortunately when I opened it later it looked like this haha. Embarrassingly I have to admit that I used a tea spoon to scrape out all the icing later on haha.

Back at the room we got ready to go watch the World Cup, and had a wee drink while we were getting ready.

We went to ESPN again to watch the football. Robert had beers, I had margaritas. I lost count how many haha.

Then we ordered some wings each, we still weren't hungry enough for a full meal. I had boneless, Robert had boney ones. Both very tasty.

The following morning I went to the boardwalk bakery and grabbed a milk and banana for breakfast. Robert had banana and coffee.

I took a picture of their cake cabinet while I waited in the queue. The cupcakes were enormous! I'm annoyed now that I never got round to trying any of the treats here, but the first week my appetite was so rubbish and I felt queasy a lot of the time

About 11am we got a jalapeņo pretzel each at animal kingdom. Clearly I couldn't wait to take a bite hehe

Disney Cast Member... Rose And Crown 27th March 2007 - March 2008
Sleepy Hollow 10th September - 10th November 2006

Trippie June 2024
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1271499

Edited at 09:35 PM.
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 14, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

That evening we were due to go to Cali grill but I felt unwell and cancelled it. I could have made it through the meal but I didn't want to spend $150 or more on a meal when I wasn't feeling great. We still wanted to eat somewhere though and headed out to Longhorn steakhouse in LBV. I had to go to the bathroom about 4 times because I felt so queasy but was never actually sick. Was glad I had cancelled CG.

They served us honey oat bread

Robert got a starter of cheese stuffed jalapeņos. These were tasty but an unusually small portion for American dining.

We both ordered fillet steak and upgraded to a speciality side of mac n cheese. I had mine with Caesar salad and Robert asked if he could sub his salad for a "glesga salad". The waitress obviously was confused and Robert explained he meant chips. This was fine.

This plate seems to look really greasy but I don't remember it being like that. It was delicious anyway.

The next morning was Epcot. We had a breakfast platter from Sunshine Seasons. We both had the same. I wasn't so keen on the biscuit, Robert wasn't keen on the French toast. It was slightly sweet.

We got lunch at a kiosk on the boardwalk and took it back to the room.

I had a foot long corn dog.

Robert got a chilli dog and fries.

I also had bought twinkles in the general store and ate these after my corndog.

Plan that evening was to go to Ale house or somewhere similar but around 5pm there was a massive storm and the rain continued all night, so we decided just to order in pizza from papa johns instead.

We got chicken wings, a medium pizza and a cheesey breadsticks which was just as big as the pizza! Everything was delicious but we barely made a dent in it!

The following morning we ate some heated up pizza for breakfast (don't judge, we're on holiday).
At hollywood studios we were SO HOT and had some time to kill before a fast pass was valid so decided to pop in for a drink. We went to the Hollywood Brown Derby lounge, which was lovely and shaded. I ordered a magical star cocktail and Robert had a magic hat number 9 beer. The waitress came back and served our drinks. Then about 5 minutes later a guy came over and handed me another cocktail and said "THIS is how you do a magical star properly". So I got a freebie cocktail because the girl had apparently done the first one wrong! They were different in colour but tasted much the same. I ended up feeling a bit tipsy!

Beaches and cream was booked for dinner that evening. For drinks I just had diet coke but Robert had a bud light lime.

We both chose the Angus cheeseburger. It was pretty tasty but not as good as some people say. I've read people raving about them. It was a good burger but not a standout.

I was pretty full but Robert went for a caramel sundae. It was really yummy, as I did sneak a few spoonfuls. It wasn't until later that I remembered I had wanted to try the chocolate cake they have here

After dinner it was a few drinks round the world - I had a strongbow from the UK. Robert didn't have anything there he was too full. It didn't quite taste right. It was really appley - almost as if someone had added a shot of apple sours to it! Then a margarita from Mexico, Robert had a pint of Dos Equis. Sorry no pics of those lot. And lastly I had a grey goose slush for watching the fireworks.

Robert had a shofferhoffer (excuse spelling) from Germany. It only cost a couple of dollars more so he took it in a souvenir stein. He loved this beer.

After fireworks we went to boardwalk and had a drink in the Big River Grille. Robert tried a couple of the beers, one of which he liked, one he didn't like. Sorry I can't remember the names. I had a strawberry margarita on the rocks.

Trippie June 2024

Edited at 09:36 PM.
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 14, 02:06 AM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

The next day was magic kingdom and we didn't bother with any breakfast before heading in, but stopped about 11.30 to get something to eat.

I wanted something slightly healthier so I went for a sandwich (although it was still served with fries haha). The sandwich was huge - it had so much meat in it. It was tasty but my only complaint was that it was freezing cold. I guess obviously they are refrigerated to keep them fresh but the coldness made it slightly uncomfortable to eat!

Robert chose a bacon cheese burger, he said it was pretty tasty.

Later that day we went to millers ale house. We got a zinger mountain melt and a spinach dip with nachos. I wanted to share but Robert wasn't into the dip so I mostly ate that and stole some of Robert's zinger melt.

Drinks wise Robert had magic hat number 9 again, and I had a mango mojito.

We dropped the car back to the hotel (now in a hotel in LBV) and walked to Buffalo Wild Wings. I was feeling a bit queasy again so started off with just water. The cocktail menu was too tempting though and I had a frozen cocktail, I can't remember exactly but I think it was maybe a frozen strawberry and mango margarita. Whatever it was it was delicious!

We popped into goodings while here and got some juice and stuff for the room. I got cereal and milk to have for breakfast the next day.

We went to Buffalo Wild Wings again to watch the World Cup final and got some wings each. I had honey BBQ and Robert went for the hottest on the menu - blazing hot. I tried a tiny tiny dab of the sauce on my fingertip and it was SO HOT I have no Idea how anyone could eat and enjoy these. Robert bravely fought his way through the portion and said he had enjoyed them but wouldn't get them again.

Robert's were so hot they came with a warning. That can never be good!

After shopping at outlets we headed to longhorn for dinner again. We had about a 25 minute wait.

I wanted something slightly healthier again so I went for a sirloin salad, this was delicious. It was supposed to come with blue cheese crumbles though but didn't have any. I asked the waitress and she brought a bowl of blue cheese separately.

Robert had (I think) Parmesan crusted chicken with fries. He asked again to sub his salad, this time for mash. She said yes but the mash never turned up. He didn't question it because he had plenty to eat already. This was really good - I tasted a bit and the chicken had a lovely flavour, and the cheesey topping was delish! Robert felt it was just too cheesey though (is that even possible!?). He enjoyed it but couldn't manage it all because it was too cheesey. Crazy man.

I guess that is a lot of cheese.

The next day was our first day at universal, again we didn't eat breakfast but just waited to have lunch in the park.

We went for Krusty Burgers! I wanted a bacon burger but annoyingly only the double burger had bacon on. Luckily Robert wanted the double burger and was kind enough to donate his bacon to me

The queue was crazy in here. There was one massive queue to even get into the food court area. then when you got to the front you could choose which section you were eating from. The Krusty burger section was busy but I feel sorry for someone who maybe just wanted a salad from the completely empty section of the food court but had to wait in the giant queue anyway. We queued about half an hour at least, the longest queue we waited in all day I think!
They have a seater system where you are led to a seat by a seater and I requested a seat in mo's, which we were able to get.

The burgers were really nice, although Robert got annoyed because the man serving them up (they make your food to order at the counter) asked me if I wanted salad and sauce but didn't ask Robert, they just put it on his anyway. He ended up picking most of it off.

This was my burger, with Roberts donated bacon. I had been picking at my fries while waiting to pay so this is only about half of my curly fries.

I don't have a pic of Roberts, it was just the same only bigger. We had a coke and a fanta here too. One thing I noticed at universal was that if you don't specify a drink size they just give you a large. Which were enormous and mostly went to waste. I decided to always state the size but I made the same mistake another day.

Drinks at Hard Rock Cafe -

Strawberry mojito and a Sierra Nevada -

Headed back to hotel for Happy hour at Velvet Lounge (5-7pm) -
I had numerous margaritas -

Robert was drinking yuengling but no pics of that.

Had a blue skyy margarita at blue man group, and a popcorn. I didn't ask for souvenir popcorn bucket but he gave me it anyway. After the show I put my empty cocktail glass into my empty popcorn bucket but managed to put it down somewhere between blue man group and hard rock hotel! Doh!

Back at Velvet Bar we ordered some snacks.

I chose pot stickers which were delicious.

Robert had chicken wings. He took a bite before I ordered him to stop and let me take a pic.

We also shared some fries which were more like steak chips than French fries but they were alright. Would have preferred skinny chips.

Trippie June 2024

Edited at 08:27 PM.
Old 17 Aug 14, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Welcome home! All that food looks yummy!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 14, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Great food report all looks so good do you remember what kiosk you got the corn dog from? Thanks for sharing!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 14, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
great start! can you remember when happy hour at hard rock cafe was?

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 14, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Welcome home! All that food looks yummy!
Thank you! It was all very yummy!

Originally Posted by Crazy4Disney View Post
Great food report all looks so good do you remember what kiosk you got the corn dog from? Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! It was just called boardwalk to go. Kinda just across from boardwalk bakery.

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
great start! can you remember when happy hour at hard rock cafe was?
Thanks! It was from 5-7. We went in for 1 and stayed drinking the full 2 hours. Both times we stayed there!

Trippie June 2024
Old 17 Aug 14, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Great start
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 14, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Great pics, loving all the cocktails must try some of those. X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 14, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Food looks great.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List