Jnyfrk8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 19

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 134
Fab I'm loving this!
Thanks for sharing,
Jen xx
Jnyfrk8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 15, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by greggo6 View Post
Great start. Really looking forward to reading more

I must agree too that Bahama Breeze is just amazing, my favourite is the Buttermilk fried chicken
Totally agree. Now need to go to Lakeside as craving Cinnabon!
Great report. Thanks for sharing.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 15, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
AdventurerJordi
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Totally agree. Now need to go to Lakeside as craving Cinnabon!
Great report. Thanks for sharing.
Have been to Bahama Breeze twice and still haven't ordered the chicken! A must for next time I think!
AdventurerJordi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 15, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by AdventurerJordi View Post
Have been to Bahama Breeze twice and still haven't ordered the chicken! A must for next time I think!
Definitely!
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 15, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Cinnabons... drool... get me back there asap...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 15, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
AdventurerJordi
Excited about Disney

Discovery Cove

For those who have been to Discovery Cove, I'm sure you're all aware of the fact that included in your day ticket is access to the all you can eat buffets. The first of which is breakfast and being huge breakfast food fans you can probably guess how excited we were.

We were lucky enough to go to Discovery Cove the first time we visited and I stocked up on all the delicious breakfast stuff! So needless to say, when we talked about booking it again for last year's trip, it didn't take long to decide to book it!

In the breakfast buffet they have a large selection of goodies for you to pile onto your plate. The have classic breakfast items like sausage, bacon, eggs and then things like fruit, pastries, cereals and waffles.
But my all time favourite by far are the French Toast sticks. Oh my they are fantastic! They're deep fried rather than traditional french toast that's fried in a pan. And because they're in stick form they're perfect for dipping into the pots of syrup that they supply! What more could you want!

Sadly I remember not feeling super hungry that morning, so I made sure I had room for French Toast sticks and then just got some fruit, a coffee and some chocolate milk. Lisa ended up getting eggs, potatoes and thick bacon.

Throughout the morning that we were at Discovery Cove, we had the delicious slushies that you can serve yourself and some of the pretzels and snacks that are also on offer. Sadly we had these whilst enjoying the Discovery Cove pools and so my camera and phone were tucked away in the locker so no pictures!

Meal Total - Free! Included in your day ticket
AdventurerJordi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 15, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
AdventurerJordi
Excited about Disney

Food & Wine Festival
Part One

Hey everyone! Our next part is a big one! So it's gonna be in a couple parts. We missed out on the Food & Wine Festival the first year we went and we were totally bummed! But we managed to be there last year and it was awesome!

I honestly can't remember the prices of all the meals we ate so you'll have to forgive me for that. Most of the meals were around the $3-$6 mark and the alcoholic drinks were around $6-$8

Also apologies for some of the awful photos! The lighting was terrible as we were there in the evening and also the first night we were there, it was raining! So we had to juggle our umbrella, our food and our phones all at the same time!

Patagonia

This was a Beef Empanada from Patagonia which was our first meal of the Food & Wine Festival. It was crispy pastry filled with soft and flavourful beef! Very good start!

Mexico

Mexico was our next stop where we got a rib eye taco and a mango-strawberry margarita. The rib eye taco consisted of marinated rib eye, roasted chipotle salsa and grilled scallions on a corn tortilla. I remember this being rather tasty, and being big taco fans anyway, we were bound to like this! The margarita was also really good and actually quite strong! It's a weird sensation to be drinking alcohol in a Disney park! You can also see our cool poncho in the background We got wet!

China

Next up was China, I didn't eat here but Lisa went for the Chicken Potstickers which were essentially Chinese dumplings filled with chicken and vegetables. They certainly looked good and Lisa liked them from what I remember. They could have maybe done with a dipping sauce of some sort though.

Germany

On to Germany. I'm a fan of German cuisine and so I was drawn to the Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll. To be honest, it was okay, nothing special. The sausage to roll ratio was way off for me and it could have done with some toppings. The mustard was there to break up the flavour a bit but it needed more. Overall the sausage was good but it was let down by too much bread.

Poland

We stopped by Poland as well to try the Kielbasa and potato pierogi with caramelized onions and sour cream. I have Polish relatives and have never tried a Pierogi, and so I felt it was my duty to give it a try. I really enjoyed this and would recommend trying it if you happen to be around during F&W! The Kielbasa sausage was great to cut the richness of the potato pierogi and sour cream.

Morocco

Morocco was next! We shared the Kefta pocket, which was ground seasoned beef in a pita pocket with some slaw and a kinda of dressing if I remember. All I know is that I really enjoyed it! Lisa wasn't so keen, it had a lot of garlic and some mint flavours too which she wasn't made about. But I really liked it when I didn't think I would

France

The last one for this part is France. After all the savoury we had just eaten, we decided to go for something on the sweet side to break things up a bit. I went for the Fleur de Sel Caramel Creme Brûlée and Lisa had the Sparkling Pomegranate Kir. I had never had a Creme Brûlée before and I thought it was great. It had a really strong burnt sugar/caramel taste but it was actually quite nice with the creamy pudding part. The Pomegranate Kir was also quite good. I'm not a wine drinker but it was sweet enough for me to enjoy. Lisa really enjoyed it though.

That's all for part one!

Edited at 11:31 PM.
Old 25 May 15, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Fantastic photos. Can't wait to read more x
Old 26 May 15, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
SpaceLady
Getting Excited

I do love a good food report. It's made me feel really hungry 😊
SpaceLady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 15, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
AdventurerJordi
Excited about Disney

Food & Wine Festival
Part Two

Hey everyone! Here's the second part of our Food & Wine Festival eats and drinks

Hawaii

Next up was Hawaii, where we had the Kālua Pork Slider with sweet and sour Dole Pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise. This was amazing! The pork was nice and tender and full of flavour. The pineapple chutney cut really nicely through the fatty pork and complimented it so well. The spicy mayo rounded the whole dish of with a creamy finish. Would definitely recommend.

Puerto Rico

On to Puerto Rico, where we ate the Slow Braised Beef with White Rice. I'll be honest, I don't really remember much about this, but looking back at the photo it looks good! The braised beef was soft and tender and there were plenty of spices and flavours going on.

Greece

Next up is Greece. At this stop we went for the Chicken Gyro with Tzatziki Sauce. Believe it or not, there is chicken underneath all that salad and sauce! This meal was okay, nothing amazing really. The pitta bread was okay but it was just overran with salad. It had strong garlic tastes like a lot of Greek food but I didn't mind that. Probably wouldn't be in any hurry to get this again though!

Refreshment Port

Refreshment Port had some delicious stuff to offer, and we ended getting the Croissant Donut and the Dole Whip Soft Serve with Creme de Cacao White. This was the first time I had tried a Cronut and my god it was so so good! As you bite into it, your mouth is telling you croissant but your eyes are telling you donut. It's a confusing sensation but it was delicious. The Dole Whip was also delicious, obviously! It's Dole Whip! However, I really don't think it needed the creme de cacao. I mean sure it gives it that extra special "adult" kick, but I didn't think it complemented the pineapple flavour too well. And it was kinda strong also.

Canada

We went for the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup at this stand. We shared the small portion of the soup you get, and if I'm honest, I'm quite glad it was only a small portion. The soup is really rich and thick with cheese. I'm not a huge fan of cheese flavoured soup but hey it wasn't that bad! Maybe on a cold winter's night rather than a sweaty Florida evening it would be nicer.

That's it for part two! The final part will be up very soon!

Edited at 11:24 PM.