Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Oct 14, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

SSR Room Breakfasts

SSR Room Breakfasts

We mainly had breakfast in the room at SSR, using a mixture of things bought from the shop at Artist's Palette and a trip to Walmart. I only have a few photos and they're not the most exciting, but here are some anyway!

Pop Tarts and fruit salad

Special K

Doughnut holes (since we are on holiday!)

We also had bagels some days, but no pics.
KristyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 14, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Steak and Shake

We tried to go to Friendy's on the 192 but when we arrived it had shut down. It about about 2pm and we were starving by then so we just went to the first place we saw. Service here was so slow, after we had been seated we waited ages for them to take the order, then ages for it to come. The food was nice though, especially the milkshakes!

Kristy- single cheeseburger and fries, banana peanut butter milkshake

Alan- Jalapeno crunch burger (Seasoned on our fiery hot grill and topped with Pepperjack cheese, fresh salsa, sliced jalapeņos, crispy fried onions and chipotle mayo) and fries, vanilla milkshake, coke

Cost: $22 incl tip
KristyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 14, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

SSR Room Dinner

SSR Room Dinner

It was pretty wet this evening and we had done a trip to Walmart in the afternoon and picked up a hot roasted chicken, so we just had that in the room with some salad and a side of mac and cheese. We were in a one bed suite so had a full kitchen.
Old 19 Oct 14, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Leaning Palms

Leaning Palms

Kristy- Tropical chicken salad, fruit cup and coke zero.

Alan- Chicken wrap with apple slices, fruit cup and a water

Mine was nice but Alan's wrap was a bit soggy.

Cost:2x Quick Service credits
Old 19 Oct 14, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

'Ohana

'Ohana

I kept this booking despite the menu changes and I was glad I did. Neither of us had been before and so didn't have anything to compare it to, but we both really enjoyed it.

We arrived a bit early so went to Tamu Lounge for a drink while we waited.

Kristy- Lapu Lapu (rum, tropical juice and sour mix, served in a carved pineapple)

Alan- Coors Light

Cost: $23.97 incl tip

The buzzer went off after about 15 mins so we headed through.

The food is served family style and everything is shared:

Pineapple and coconut bread

Lettuce Wraps:

Pork dumplings and honey coriander chicken wings:

Teriyaki noodles and stir fried veg:

They also bring dipping sauces, peanut and sweet and sour.

Then they also come round with the meat skewers, which are sweet and sour pork loin, spicy peel and eat shrimp and szechuan sirloin steak. We both had a serving of each.

Finally, they bring dessert which is amazing! Bread pudding a la mode with bananas caramel sauce. Definitely try and save room for this. Yum!

Cost: 2x Table Service credits plus $22.59 for another beer and the tip.
Old 19 Oct 14, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

ABC Commissary

Kristy- Chicken club sandwich with apple slices, strawberry parfait, water

Alan- Angus burger with fried shrimp and fries, strawberry parfait, water

Cost: 2x Quick Service credits
Old 19 Oct 14, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

T-Rex cafe

T-Rex Cafe

It was so busy in here but as we had an ADR we didn't have to wait long. We were seated in the rainforest section which was good, I wouldn't have liked to have been in the ice cave.

I ordered a tropical cotton-tini (malibu coconut rum and tropical fruit juices). This comes with cotton candy in a cocktail glass, which they then pour the cocktail (which comes in a shaker) over and it all melts in. There is more cocktail in the shaker, and you can keep it.

I also got a strawberry lemonade as my DDP drink.

Alan had a beer.

Then we ordered:
Kristy- Pasta Primavera (spring harvest pasta primavera featuring sauteed fresh asparagus, zucchini, red peppers, peas, mushrooms and spinach, tossed with a vodka-parmesan cream and garnished with balsamic marinated grape tomatoes). This was off the specials menu. Then I had sorbet sampler (mango and raspberry sorbet topped with raspberry sauce and mango puree served with a chocolate wafer).

Alan- Boneyard Buffet (fire roasted rotisserie chicken and mega mess-o-bones (ribs) served with waffle fries and your choice of side- he chose veg), then cheesecake.

Cost: 2x Table Service credits plus $46.68 for the cocktail, 2 beers and tip
Old 19 Oct 14, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Earl of Sandwich

Earl of Sandwich

I had heard good things about the sandwiches here so was keen to try it. It did live up to the hype!

Kristy- Holiday Turkey (Turkey, Stuffing, Gravy, Cranberry & seasoned Mayonnaise), oatmeal raisin cookie, minute maid lemonade

Alan- Hawaiian BBQ (Hawaiian BBQ ham, fresh pineapple and Swiss cheese), potato salad, minute maid lemonade (they wouldn't let him have water as his drink!)

Cost: 2x Quick Service credits
Old 20 Oct 14, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great report.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 14, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Craft-ique
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Great food report looking forwards to seeing more!
Craft-ique is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List