Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Oct 14, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post

hi im really looking forward to this as your reports are very helpful and it helped us a lot last time we went to orlando
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 14, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ooh, this is a wonderful surprise, a Dixon food report! Your previous reports are my "bibles" With just over a month to go for me the timing is perfect. I can hardly believe how grown up your daughter is getting. Great idea keeping the coupons in the car, I'll definitely do that next trip as I have had coupons before but if we ended up somewhere other than planned missed out.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 14, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Brilliant, were always on a tight budget as we go for so long so it's great to read this! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 14, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Subscribing
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 14, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Great start. Looking forward to more.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 14, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This is fab! Thanks for sharing - I am feeling inspired already!
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 14, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Day 2 continued

We spent Saturday evening at Oktoberfest in Celebration. Nothing to eat for us but I couldn’t resist buying a dog biscuit for our friend’s dog from Woof gang bakery. Lots of cute biscuits for dogs, they were even hosting a doggie fancy dress Halloween party the week after. Biscuit was $2.50.

Edited at 10:26 PM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 14, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 3 Sunday 19th October

Breakfast
Keke’s near Mall of Millenia

Our frst time here. I’d seen some good reviews and fancied giving it a try. There is also one on Dr Phillips. We ate early before it got too busy.

DD had kids choc chip pancakes and chocolate milk (as usual)

I wanted to try the pina colada stuffed French toast but also like something savoury for breakfast. I persuaded DH to share so we shared a southwest omelet and the French toast. I just asked for extra plates which was no problem. Coffee to drink for us both.

The omelette had onion, jalapeno, pepper jack cheese and tomato. It and especially the salsa it came with were spicy but good. The stuffed French toast was delicious with cream cheese, pineapple and coconut. Yum yum! Would definitely recommend the stuffed French toast.

No coupons or discounts but a reasonable $36 including tip.

Shopping at Target

Late Lunch
Pizzeria Uno SR 535 Crossroads

We’ve eaten here before but at the Idrive and 192 locations.

I had a coupon for a free entrée from the email club.

They do take the kids eat free card but you can’t use that with other discounts and the free entrée was a better discount.

DD had the kids make your own pizza. They give them an apron, base, sauce, cheese and pepperoni if they want to assemble then cook it for them.

I had the individual numero uno deep dish Chicago style pizza with a Caesar side salad. I opted for the wholegrain crust which was good.

DH had the next size up pizza with 3 toppings.
We all had soda to drink.
The table had a computer where you could order dessert, more drinks etc and games to play. DD did play one and there was charge of 99 cents on the bill for this. I assume something came on screen to warn of the charge but she was next to DH and I didn’t see. At least it was only 99 cents.
Both Unos and Giordanos do Chicago deep dish pizza, out of the two I’d say we prefer Giordanos although DD does like the make your own pizza at unos.

The coupon for my free pizza saved $12.49.

With tip the meal cost us $50.

Snacks
MNSSHP – Magic Kingdom

We were in MK for 4pm at the halloween party. After our large lunch we just had snacks tonight. It was very hot so we needed lots of frozen drinks.

I did also get several cups of iced water – these are free from any quick service place or kiosk with a fizzy drinks machine.

Mickey ice cream bar – like a magnum. A must do for DD approx $4

Pineapple dole whip float from aloha isle $5.32 inc tax

Hot dog for DD and blue raspberry slushie from lunching pad in tomorrow land $10.10 inc tax (hot dog $5.49 and drink $3.99 plus tax)

Frozen lemonade from westward ho cart in adventureland $4.25 inc tax

2 portions of fries from Casey’s – dipped in ‘plastic cheese’ approx. $6

Total snacks $29.67

We did miss the dining plan tonight – everything except the hot dog for DD would have been a snack credit each.

Total day 3 $115.67
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 14, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 4 Monday 20th October

Breakfast

3 Broomsticks

We shared one American and one English kids breakfast between us in the 3 broomsticks in Hogsmeade in Islands of Adventure – I just asked for an extra plate. The meals came with drinks – we had a non alcoholic apple cider and a still lemon drink.

Nothing great but filled a hole and let’s face it you are paying for atmosphere not the food.

Cost $26.40

Late Lunch

Teak Neighbourhood grill

This was our first time here. I’ve seen lots of pictures on the dibb and thought DH especially would enjoy it. Took about 10 mins by car from Universal. It is in a nice residential area with parking right outside.

I thought we’d go for lunch so it was less busy as we had DD with us.

We had followed them on twitter so did know the code word for the secret burger menu but in the end just asked the waitress and she gave it us – no password needed.

We sat outside on the patio which was nice. Inside is quite dark and bar like.

I had the philly steak burger off the secret menu with sweet potato tator tots. Lovely, very filling and a bargain at $11.

DD had a kids cheeseburger and fires -$9 inc a drink.

DH had a notyo natcho burger with onion rings which was also $11 and he really really rated this. Burger heaven!

He also had a side of chilli cheese fries he enjoyed. We all stuck to soda to drink (pepsi products)

Total $53 inc tip

We really enjoyed Teak plus very good value and returned later in the holiday.

We were the only Brits in but didn’t feel out of place at all.

Dinner

Bayliner diner, Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Me and DH were still full from Teak! I just got DD a kids mac and cheese from the foodcourt to go which she ate in the room after swimming. It was fine and came with apples, carrots and a chocolate milk.

Cost $5.31 inc tax

Snacks

We reactivated the coke freestyle mug for unlimted drinks at Islands of Adventure $6.50

We also tried a large rainbow dippin dots but weren’t impressed $6

Toal snacks $12.50

Total $91.21
Old 29 Oct 14, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Brilliant food report, can't wait for the rest. Were hoping to try teaks on our next trip so glad you enjoyed it!

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List