Mobile

Originally Posted by dolphincrazy View Post
Fantastic!
Thanks. Will upload more in a bit.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 14, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post

DAY 3

We were up early again this morning as we were heading to MK, and not just that we were having a character breakfast at Crystal Palace! This was my first ever character breakfast so I didn't really know what to expect. Well, I knew what to expect, but oh... you know what I mean. Special thanks to the Dibber who let me know they were cancelling their ADR for here before we went, it just so happened it was on the day we were heading to Magic Kingdom. I can't remember your name, sorry but you know who you are if your reading this

Crystal Palace

Our ADR was for 9:10 and we were let in to the park about 8.55 so had a slow walk up Main Street til we got there and I was given a pager.

A lady called us (well, she tried her best - unusual surname ) and we were seated in to be honest, not the best spot. Piglet, Pooh and Eeyore were all over the other side of the restaurant and we'd just missed Tigger. Great.

Our server (...Mike?) explained the system and the buffet to us and off we went. To be fair, the buffet was actually really good and I tried some of the Dibb's 'must do's'... (FYI - these aren't all my plates )

The breakfast lasagne was really good as was the stuffed french toast and the Mickey waffles. Now, back to the character situation... Piglet came round just as we were finishing our food and then we were just sitting there. Full, and just 1 character done. Our server put the bill on the table and we explained to him the situation as we'd been waiting a lot longer than others. And credit to him, off he went to see what he could do.

10 mins went by and as Pooh and Eeyore moved over to this side of the restaurant, and after a few tables we found out that Pooh and Eeyore needed to take a break, but on their way our server got them to visit us. A nice touch, but to be fair we were waiting a while. He said not to rush, but it was clear that Tigger was quite a way off so we said thanks and left. We had a good meal here, and something you'll definetly remember in years to come so the wait didn't really matter.

Anyway, on to the food! We had a couple of drinks later on. I tried a Lefou's Brew from Gaston's tavern. Very refreshing and sweet. I think its mainly apple juice but has a marshmallow topping. Odd combo, but it works.

And mum got a Coke float from Sleepy Hollow.

After our day at Magic Kingdom and an hour or so relaxing back at the hotel, we set off to Red Lobster for dinner before Illuminations that evening.

Red Lobster, Crossroads

To start you get these lovely cheesey scone things. Mmmmm. I had to contain myself. I had my main AND a salad coming.

Mum and dad went for a mixed salad with ranch dressing. Most main meals come with a side salad which is a bit OTT, but I'm not complaining

And I went for a Caesar salad.

For the mains, mum went for the Create Your Own Combo. You can choose for either 2 items or 3, and it comes with a side too. Mum picked 2 and went for the Garlic Grilled shrimp and the Wood-grilled fresh salmon. She had a baked potato for her side.

And me and dad went for the same funnily, which I can't find the name of, but it was a trio which had lobster tail, sea scallops and grilled shrimp. All 3 were delicious, especially the lobster.

Another great meal at Red Lobster. We didn't have room for dessert, and besides... we were off to Illuminations and running late

...tomorrow, Epcot including Food and Wine, and Wishes
Old 3 Nov 14, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Sounds awesome so far!
Old 3 Nov 14, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Mmmmm ... Cheddar Bay biscuits at Red Lobster
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 14, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bubble123 View Post
Sounds awesome so far!
Thank you! More to come
Old 3 Nov 14, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Mmmmm ... Cheddar Bay biscuits at Red Lobster
That's the name of them, couldn't remember what it was... we need them over here
Old 3 Nov 14, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Great report so far. Ooh that breakfast lasagne at crystal palace is soo good! Shame you didn't get to see Tigger this time
Old 4 Nov 14, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Delicious glorious yumminess, fab start Oli! I had that exact meal at Bahama Breeze in August, along with some onion rings first! So please share, what did you win?
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 14, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
great start, I'm intrigued by the sweet and sour chicken it looks like the packaging has changed and the portion is smaller...

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List