Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Jul 15, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

A great review, thanks. We only do QSDP & we think that's too much food, usually have credits left, & felt full all the time, as well as having a fridge full of deserts. At least this time we can convert any leftover credit to snacks & bring home sweets!
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Thanks for the review - it's our first time on the DDP this summer.

One thing springs to mind, when you changed your ADRs did you get charged for 'no shows' at the other restaurant.

I am really concerned we are going to end up having to cancel a meal one night due to tiredness/weather etc and as there are 6 of us, don't want to end up with a $60 bill for it!
Most of the restaurants have a 1 day cancellation policy (most not all - so check!) but this is not 24 hours. As long as you cancel before midnight the day before your reservation you wont be fined.

Our last minute change happened when we were due to eat at T-Rex. We got off the bus at DTD to an absolute deluge. We stood in the bus stop for 20 minutes and an OKW bus pulled up. I said to Michelle - lets just go back, I will speak to concierge about the $20 dollar fine and worse case scenario is we lose that $20 for staying dry. When we were on the bus I pulled up the menu for Olivias on my phone and we decided to get off at Hospitality House and go there. After dinner I spoke to concierge and explained about the rain and that I had still eaten dinner at a DDP restaurant. I used my usual tactics when asking CM's for a favour. I smiled, said please and thank you and was very polite. She sorted it out straight away for me and we weren't fined for the no show.

If you need to cancel short notice for a particular reason just do what I did and ask the question.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I only agree with the amount of food being excessive because of the dessert with every meal. Otherwise, having paid for DDP once and trying to squeeze all the value I could out of it I didn't think it was too much. It's basically breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you're trying to eat at some of your favourite offsite restaurants I agree that having DDP can feel like too much though.

I do agree about LTT and Olivia's but I didn't realise LTT didn't have a great reputation! We love it and it's one of our must-do's now. I also think Olivia's is a hidden gem.

I also agree that knowing you don't have to pay for the food your ordering is so relaxing. Although I always say I don't think DDP is worth paying for I really like the comfort of knowing food is all taken care of.

Glad you enjoyed it in the end though. I remember the thread you're referring to. It wasn't pretty!
I think I would probably agree with you - the desserts just push it over the edge. We did struggle to eat our snacks some days but we bought some items to have as breakfast/late night snacks and a couple of bags of Goofy Candy to bring home.

LTT has a pretty good rep among Dibbers but our US cousins seem to give it a hard time. Common complaints seem to be cold food and poor service and our experience couldn't have been further from that. I also felt like I was eating thanksgiving dinner which I've always wanted to try

Having the food budget removed from our spends was a big relief. It was so good knowing that I didnt have to budget for it. Tips were OK too, usually about 10-12 dollars per table service.

adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

I Have never had a dining plan,last year my we were in Pecos bill and six people had a huge tray of food,meal each,they all had their drinks and didnt eat any of the food at all,not a single chip,i couldnt believe all that food went into the bin.
Old 4 Jul 15, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Toon vs Food!

Thanks for the review. I would be like you Adam: if I'd paid for it... I'd have to eat it.
- Toon won Rob but only just

Old 4 Jul 15, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
I Have never had a dining plan,last year my we were in Pecos bill and six people had a huge tray of food,meal each,they all had their drinks and didnt eat any of the food at all,not a single chip,i couldnt believe all that food went into the bin.
Yeah I've seen this before as well. To be fair though we didn't waste much. I tried to have a bit of a loose plan for our QS meals as well as our TS. There are some excellent QS options in WDW and in my opinion Pecos Bills inst one of them, especially since they did away with the melty plastic cheese!

Old 4 Jul 15, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
stardoman
Very Serious Dibber

We were in the queue once when an American made out he was with us just after we ordered and paid using his credits. Afterwards, he told us it was his last day and his family had loads of credits left, so they decided to gift them in this way to random strangers. Made our day
stardoman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stardoman View Post
We were in the queue once when an American made out he was with us just after we ordered and paid using his credits. Afterwards, he told us it was his last day and his family had loads of credits left, so they decided to gift them in this way to random strangers. Made our day
This was my plan if we didn't use our QS. At one point we were way behind on them but the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs rescued us!

Old 4 Jul 15, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
Yeah I've seen this before as well. To be fair though we didn't waste much. I tried to have a bit of a loose plan for our QS meals as well as our TS. There are some excellent QS options in WDW and in my opinion Pecos Bills inst one of them, especially since they did away with the melty plastic cheese!
We do too. I always like to have a rough idea how I'm going to use the QS credits. If we have loads left after the first week we start to slot in the odd breakfast. We had 3 signatures last year though so it was easy to use up QS credits and we even paid OOP for a couple of meals. We were still in the area after we checked out from CBR so had an "extra" evening to use credits.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Great news about Sanaa. We've not done DDP before and staying onsite at AKL for the first time and it is top of our list!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List