Mobile

The food at beaches & cream looks delicious ! Thanks for posting 🍔🍟
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Mmmmm !

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytola
Getting Excited

kaytola's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sunday 27th July 2014

Olive Garden

My choice for lunch. We visited the branch on the 192 Rolling Oaks. We all had a soup/main/dessert combo thingy for $11.99 and DD3 had a kids meal.

To start: The fabulous breadsticks

Absolutely delicious and loads of them too! Soft with a lovely garlicky saltiness and very morish.

DH, DD1 & DD2: Chicken & Gnocchi Soup

DH, who is a fussy monkey at the best of times, does not really do soup. However, he cleared his plate of this one and said it was really tasty.

Me: Pasta e fagioli soup

This was lovely! Really clean and fresh tasting and I could have happily polished off another bowl (or two!)

Me, DH & DD1: Chicken broccoli alfredo

It was on the specials menu and this was a really good meal. Decent portions, plenty of chicken and the alfredo sauce was very tasty.

DD2: Chicken alfredo pizza

This pizza was HUGE! It defeated DD2 but she did say it was nice - there was just too much of it!

DD3: Kids create your own Fettucine Alfredo with with Italian Sausage

DD3 really enjoyed this but again, there was loads of it! We did have 5 minutes being ridiculous with Blackadder impressions regarding 'very suspicious sausages' (anyone familiar with Blackadder 3 will know what the sausages were REALLY made out of! )

Me, DH & DD1: Chocolate Mousse

Tasted as good as it looks!

DD2: Lemon cream cake

Got the thumbs up from DD2!

DD3: Kids dessert

I may have nicked a bit - it was lovely!

This was our first time at an Olive Garden and it got the thumbs up from all of us. We all left stuffed to the gills and the bill including drinks (minus tip) was $75.43 which was very reasonable.
2005: New York, Las Vegas & Quality Inn International Drive 2006: Port Orleans French Quarter 2011: New York 2014: HRH & Dibb Villa 2015: Hotel Cheyenne DLP 2016: Dibb Villa 2017: IDrive, SSR & Villa 2017 New York 2018 Washington DC 2019 New York, IDrive, RPR & Villa Aurora 2020 New York
kaytola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That chocolate mousse looks amazing, and the chicken Alfredo pizza looks really tasty!
Trip 4: 3 weeks Villa with Parks 2023
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytola
Getting Excited

kaytola's Reviews
Monday 28th July 2014

Millers Ale House on the 192

After recommendations from friends and seeing Trip Reports on here (yoohoo abiknox!) we took the first of our trips to Millers Ale House on the 192.

Me: Alcoholic beverage of the day - forgot its name but it contained copious amounts of vodka!

Very nice and only $2!

DH: Steak

Got the thumbs up from him!

DD1: Ossobuco

Again, another huge portion. Barely a dent was made on this massive pork shank.

Me and DD2: Full rack of Ribs - monday special only $10.99. How could we say no?

You can see DD2's rack in the back of the picture. Lip smackingly good and a bargain!

DD3: Kids spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread

Another decent portion and good value at £4.79

Me and DD1 to share: ONION RINGS!

Remember the challenge? If they're on the menu, we're having them! Delicious onion rings and just nudged the ones from Beaches and Cream into 2nd place.

DD2: Brownie hot fudge sundae

We didn't have much room for dessert but DD2 gave this a real go! $5.29

Me: Apple Crisp

Think I ended up sharing this one! Very, very nice. $4.95

DD3: Kids Ice Cream

Think we paid a nominal amount for this as DD3's eyes were certainly bigger than her belly and most of it got hoovered up by DH. $1.99

This was our first visit to Millers and we were very impressed. The food was fabulous, well priced and our server (Kasey) was fantastic! We were to make two more trips to this restaurant over the course of our holiday! Recommended!
2005: New York, Las Vegas & Quality Inn International Drive 2006: Port Orleans French Quarter 2011: New York 2014: HRH & Dibb Villa 2015: Hotel Cheyenne DLP 2016: Dibb Villa 2017: IDrive, SSR & Villa 2017 New York 2018 Washington DC 2019 New York, IDrive, RPR & Villa Aurora 2020 New York
kaytola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mmmmmm mm mm I'm in food report heaven! More please
Old 4 Aug 15, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytola
Getting Excited

kaytola's Reviews
Monday 28th July 2014

Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party

Booked this right on the 180 day mark. It was expensive but it offered a great view of the fireworks! I think we had that much fun we forgot to take photos except for this meagre offering:

Which does NOT do the desserts justice at all! But hey, no-one goes for the food. They go for this!

Would we do it again? Probably not. the desserts were ok but I felt it was a bit expensive for what you get. I'm glad we got to do it as a one off but doubt we'd return. The view was fabulous but I think we'll take our chances with the crowds on Main Street in the future.
Old 4 Aug 15, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytola
Getting Excited

kaytola's Reviews
Tuesday 29th July 2014

Rainforest Cafe Animal Kingdom

We had an ADR for this and again, I'm glad we did as people were being turned away or being told they had a wait of up to an hour for a table. Bizarre as the place was half empty. What can I say except this place is LOUD! Could hardly hear myself think. The themeing was fab but the service? I could have flown my mum over from Yorkshire to serve me quicker! Think our server went to a real rainforest for a snooze between every course. Took TWO HOURS from being seated to finish our meal - and no-one had dessert as I think we'd still be sat there waiting over a year later!

Anyway, rant over. On with the food.

Me and DH: BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger $15.99

It was ok. By the time it came we'd been sat waiting for over an hour so by that time, I'd have eaten anything and liked it!

DD1 & DD2: Chicken Tenders Appetizer $11.99

Decent portion and they were quickly polished off but we were absolutely starving! Twins said they were ok. Tenders is tenders, innit?

DD3: Kids Jurassic Chicken $8.99

Again, clean plate followed but I think she's have eaten Donald Duck's shoes by this point!

Bill including 5 drinks (2 were water) came to $76.10 and I'm afraid the tip we left was the bare minimum. I have never seen such a miserable server in my life! Maybe she was annoyed by the constant rainstorms and jungle noises. Would we go back? Not on your nelly!

Edited at 08:57 AM.
Old 5 Aug 15, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Amazing photos, enjoying your report and can't wait for more. x
Old 6 Aug 15, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

Aw that's a shame about RFC - I love it there and have never had bad service !
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List